Axle code, google doesn´t know, help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Augusto

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a '94 Cheyenne K1500, I would like to know what gears I have inside, the code stamped on the tube is
" XPR K214 3 " but I can't find any info to decode it, there's no decal in the glovebox, anyone can help please?

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the decoder website doesn’t work, call up a gm dealership and give them your vin, they will be able to tell u anything you wanna know about the truck.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
After 30 years those gears could have been changed since the glovebox code was put on. The best way is to jack up the back and count tire rotations to a single driveshaft rotation. If the rear tires turn just under 3.5 turns you have 3.42 gears, if they turn just over 4 turns you have 4.10, etc.

Augusto

Reaction score
Thanks guys for replying, the vin decoding does not work because this truck was assembled in Venezuela and they used some unique strange nomenclature, and the dealerships here only know about sparks and aveos

Augusto

Reaction score
seems like one of this days I´m gonna have to remove the cover, and yes changing the oil would be a benefit.
I'm really curious because the trucks we got from Venezuela usually have low gearing, my explorer for instance came with 4.10, this is because they made them especifically for us in the andes mountains, but my chevy feels lazy on 33´s so I guess this truck came with something like 3.50 or so.

Rocket Surgeon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score