Awesome Spare Tire Carrier Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Pulled from my local CL, loving the idea. Since lifting and installing my trailer hitch I wasn't too confident in putting my spare 32" under my truck so I've been looking into spare tire carrier ideas. Guy said it was custom fabricated (and I was the 5th person to ask about it lol). I asked the guy if he knew what GMT400.com was and gave him the link. He might join soon. Blurred the plate since it's not my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wilco, Tiregate, N-Fab and more all make these... only reason its "custom made" is they probably didn't want to spend the money on one if they had material hanging around to be able to build one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
very interesting! at first glance I didnt like it but after more thought its not too bad.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a desert runner attachment.. and with that size tire easier then trying to muscle it underneath. but since mine is a working truck for me to haul stuff around wouldn't work for me ( I also have stock 15's on mine.)

jsfrmsj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If only someone would make a spare tire carrier for barn doored suv's, he could probably make tens of dollars!

Reaction score
I like this look.

I have a Suburban that I used to have a swing away tire like the jeeps, so I could lower my tail gate, and also still haul my trailer.

I think I am going to line X my truck, paint 423 paint under neither for salt and rust resistance, then do an exo-cage, so I will have a good sturdy bar to mount the swing away Tire carrier on it along with an outdoor box, so I can keep my off road supplies in it for easy access in case I get stuck.

Has anyone else seen swing away tire holder for the Suburbans?

Take care and good luck with your build.

Sincerely,

Ty
============================
Pulled from my local CL, loving the idea. Since lifting and installing my trailer hitch I wasn't too confident in putting my spare 32" under my truck so I've been looking into spare tire carrier ideas. Guy said it was custom fabricated (and I was the 5th person to ask about it lol). I asked the guy if he knew what GMT400.com was and gave him the link. He might join soon. Blurred the plate since it's not my truck.