Aux Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My 411 was all set up for an aux fan, all I did was drop the temp on my 1500. I'm not sure I even touched that ony 3500?

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how can I tell my small aux fan on my 1996 7.4l c3500 is working correctly. it is spinning but it isn't spinning fast. is there anyway to test it? thanks .

Jason Glover

Reaction score
I have a 92 C2500 my 454 has two temp sensor and one temp switch one in each head.

The passenger side head is the temp switch side. It runs to a relay on the driver's side fender just before the hood hinge. To power the aux fan over 220° which is on most of the time because those BB are just hot..

Hope that helps
I have been looking for info on the passenger side, trying to find out if it's a switch, sensor or what have you... I haven't been able to find anything definitive. I would like to confirm that it is a temp SWITCH on the passenger side? I busted the connector off of the switch when I got in too big a hurry trying to do my exhaust manifold gaskets lol. Also if there is any resources you have I.E. Chilton etc i would appreciate it because I could not find anything for it in my Haynes book.

Volunteer454

Reaction score
I have been looking for info on the passenger side, trying to find out if it's a switch, sensor or what have you... I haven't been able to find anything definitive. I would like to confirm that it is a temp SWITCH on the passenger side? I busted the connector off of the switch when I got in too big a hurry trying to do my exhaust manifold gaskets lol. Also if there is any resources you have I.E. Chilton etc i would appreciate it because I could not find anything for it in my Haynes book.
It's a switch. I broke the connector off of mine and had a hell of a time trying to find the correct part. Easy to swap, you'll lose a little coolant but it's not much if you work fast. Got mine on ebay. Here's the part number

Engine Cooling Fan Switch Right ACDelco GM Original Equipment 15-4457