Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Rick. I moved the PMD from the firewall to the side of the dual battery tray - closer to the fan and lower in the engine bay. The clutch is now pretty much sorted using An4 braided hose and fittings - and keeping the quick-disconnect if it works. Not sure what I'm meant to do with all the left over automatic wiring harness but thinking I'll just cable tie it for now.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm hoping in the next few weeks. Just waiting on some clutch adapter parts from the States and then I'll be almost done. The adapters let me do away with the fixed clutch line and make my own from braided hose.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheers, it's been a headache getting the clutch to work, cut the lever arm about 20 times and hardly a part not welded to make it work. The brake pedal was also taken out and welded but far easier. Anyway, the clutch pedal is slightly higher as there was no way around it. The plastic push in buttons for the swivel pin was useless, so I used PEX nylon hose and a M12 bolt to secure it, works much better, no movements sideways at all and should last a lot longer.

You must be registered for see images attach

The driveshaft needs 135mm added, plus I purchased a Timken centre bearing. Hoping I bought the right one as there's a million combinations.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes so close indeed. Once the drive shaft is back and the new carrier bearing is in and installed, my only thing left to do is install the expansion tank and re-fit the interior. I've got parts for the rear end, suspension and brakes etc, but that will have to wait.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nearly there.

As the engine mounts have a different thickness spacers the downpipe fits but the exhaust doesn't. So I'll drive it anyway for a while but it's going to be noisy and my feet are going to get warm.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks great. I love that flatbed. I will have to snap some pix for you of the flatbeds the oilfield welders make here in Texas for their trucks. Thick steel sides that match the contour shape of the cab, and diamond plate decks. Usually painted to match the truck. Then theres the big miller or lincoln gas powered stick welder bolted in, along with a bench vise mounted on the back of the deck. Usually 3/4 ton or 1 ton dually pickups with 4wd to get to remote locations.

Last edited: