Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure...

Here's the side of the Ford master, only the one brake outlet is a different size fitting, which is on its way over from the US. The back brake, and both lines into the ABS can be re-used so no need to buy much. The fitting to look at is on the hydro boost, the new adapter which goes from the 18x1.5 to AN6. It will get a 135 degree AN6 adapter and run with that rubber hose (which I will change to braid later) over the top of the engine and down to the power steering pump.

You must be registered for see images attach

The braided lines are easy to make, maybe a little too easy so I'm reserving my conclusion once they are under pressure to see if they leak. I'll also be adding a heat shield to the turbo between the master and clutch master. Don't mind the crossed brake lines, they are just sitting there and not fixed in yet, I'm waiting on some clamps. The braided line you see goes to the steering box which is obviously on the other side to most.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By the way anyone know if the K series has the same suspension as the C series? I'm looking at the add-a-leaf below as I'm taking the leafs apart soon anyway to swap the bushings. They list only as K3500 but wondering if they will fit my c3500?

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have said already that I dented the oil pan a bit, so having the parts arrived I decided today to swap it out. For some reason it was harder to get out than put back in. I lifted the engine probably 2 inches and out it came. I thought it a good opportunity to check on the insides while I was there.

Not really sure what I was looking for, maybe something obviously damaged or out of place but seemed good and grabbed some photos. I should have cleaned the oil pickup while I was there but forgot.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I change the oil every 5000km or so, but who knows how frequently before I got it. I imagine when it was owned by the Government it was done pretty regularly but I have no history with it and could well have been neglected at some point. It does seem pretty clean though.

I'm still trying to work out the engine combination I have. It's a 2000 truck but the engine (Goodwrench) seems older. I didn't see any oil squirters but then again I'm no mechanic.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been working at it again, getting the brake lines done. It's slowly coming back together. I know most would throw away the engine cover, but I like it so I decided to clean it up and put it back on. I modified it to allow the power steering lines to pass through, and while cleaning things up I took to the glow plug wires and battery cables.

The brake lines were my first attempt bending my own - so not perfect but much better than what was there before.

As you can see here, the PS lines passing through. Might need a grommet to stop long term rubbing.

It's beginning to look tidy in the engine bay for a change.