Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the mystery bad part that stopped the blower wasn't the blower, not the HVAC unit or the resistor, it was the relay - burnt out. Still made a switching noise but it's stuffed.

I ordered three so should be back to normal soon.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So nearly all the parts are in for the NV4500 swap!!

I've even sourced the clutch pedal assembly - a huge feat from over here I tell you. Anyway, maybe someone can help with what I hope is the last piece of the puzzle? ...

I need a part number from a 96 onwards ECM for a manual diesel. If anyone knows or can shed light on the VIN number or part number it would be much appreciated.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

New wheels and tyres (tires) are on. Hummer H2 I hear you say...yes. The rubber is Nitto 265/70R17 LT's which should help as the skinny 6.5 rims didn't like the weight.

Tried to make the old chrome caps fit by trimming but still won't fit so might put the rubber mallet on them tomorrow for persuasion.

I'll get the rear leafs reset and maybe a helper spring in there as I've been taking some heavier loads lately.

I've purchased all new suspension and steering parts, oil cooler lines and pretty much went crazy buying things lately but will look forward to having a truck that should last me a while.

Also going to buy a small pivot crane for the tray so I don't have to lift so much and future plans for some ramps that tuck under the tray when not in use.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've ordered the tune, I decided to go through Quadstar. Hopefully it all comes together and makes for an easy enough swap to the NV4500.

The new tyres are fantastic, but do kind of shake the truck a little being stiffer but not too bad. Had 1.2t on the back from Melbourne to Canberra and they didn't bag at all.

Wife wants me to swap the steering wheel, but being a non-airbag I'm finding it a little difficult. I'm thinking a 88-94 compatible wheel with a deeper dish to bring it out a little. Anyone got experience in fitting something to these?