Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the original I took out - scratched by me trying to remove a broken off solenoid. I'm still waiting on the replacement.
It might still be okay but I don't want to risk it not being right, then dropping it all again and waiting another 3 or so weeks for delivery.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rick, I think I saw you out at the airport yesterday! Anyway, I've got the spare valve body for you next time I see you.

Talk about a massive headache the truck has been lately! Teaches me right for swapping something when it was working fine (solenoids in the tranny). I swapped in the new valve body while breaking two bolts holding it in - hopefully there's still enough good ones holding it together.

I turned it over and it ran forwards in every gear, then I remembered I didn't connect up the manual slide valve thing, so off came the valve body again and all the check balls etc.

After getting it all back together about a third time it ran okay but harsh 1-2 changes, played with the fluid levels a bit and now it seems to be good - fingers crossed it stays that way. The fluid was dripping from the side of the pan there for a while, maybe it was spewing after running it low but not sure.

As for progress, I installed the #9 PMD but I'm not expecting any miracles.

I also got my shorter belt to remove the vacuum pump soon - maybe next month!

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes mate, we are at the fire station there every 3months to service the waste water treatment plant.
I highly recommend that you remove the broken bolts and fit new ones to the valve body. If it starts to bleed thru then it will burn the case and then you will be up for a total rebuild. Repeat STRONGLY URGE!
Have been putting in a few long days out here, but worth it as we are back on schedule for our prograed work.
Catch up soon

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My motivation for dropping the pan and valve body again is about 0.0036%

It is slowly leaking from somewhere so I guess I can't put it off forever tho, I'm making puddles under the truck everywhere I park.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i need to pull and swap my trans. i've been running a manual conversion on the 4L80 but it runs high pressures through the valve assembly and will accelerate wear. 4th is slipping now and it runs the trans temp high while on the open road.
i have a spare from the 96 and will be getting a TCI TCM. it has a lot of good and a few bad reviews.
i've got some metal to sort and sell to come up with funds to pay for it. will get it to sorted this weekend.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dropped the valve body again and removed the broken bolts - just need to fill it all back up and test. It's leaking diesel from near the filter like a sieve at the moment so might need to sort that first.

I need a new master cylinder for the brakes in which the taps come out on the other side (your passenger side). I see my bore size is 1.25" but the Sonoma one which exits that side is only 1".... anyone know of a 1.25" bore master cylinder that would work-maybe the Ford one?