Audi probs need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Im no forigen car mechanic by any means. Soo my sister in law got a 2004 audi a4 quattro with a 3.0l literally 4 days ago and it wouldnt start today. When i got there i turned it over and it acted like it wanted to start but wouldnt so i go to look for the fuel psi port and its nowhere to be found. So i hit it with some starting fluid and it struggles to come to life but it fires up and runs fine like nothing ever happened. Shut it off after a couple minutes and it fires right back up no problem. So its something fuel related. The pump seems fine because it runs good when it starts. Dont know when the filter was changed or anything else about the car. Also if you know where the port is to test fuel psi id love to find it.

Edit: also there is no idiot lights on and there is no current or history codes.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think Audi's are like dogs, they are able to tell if you don't like them and act accordingly. I do not like Audi's and whenever I work on one I say never again. But they are about the nicest driving car on the road. There will never ever be my name on the title of one.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I think Audi's are like dogs, they are able to tell if you don't like them and act accordingly. I do not like Audi's and whenever I work on one I say never again. But they are about the nicest driving car on the road. There will never ever be my name on the title of one.
thats exactly how i feel lol. Ive never had one, never worked on one, and out of the blue she shows up with one. I like it, i just dont want to work on it, or any other forgien car lol

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Audis are a nightmare to work on. Have to use Audi parts and they are big bucks.

My gf had an all road. Upper rad hose went bad, took me an entire day to replace it. The list goes on.

In my opinion, Audi is junk and anyone I know with one has no luck with them.

Sorry I'm no help. Good luck

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you are screwed without ***-com. most codes wont show with a generic scanner. cant really work on a vw/ audi without it, just wasting your time. i have a vw, and had an a4, love them, fast and handle great, parts are crazy expensive. easy to work on once you get use to them.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Pretty sure i figured it out. Right on the gas door it says 91-95 octane only. She put 87 in it. I would think itd still start and run but idk. Made her fill it up with 93, threw a fuel filter and battery at it and havnt had a problem yet. The battery was like 10 years old and didnt seem to work the best. Its startef all day so well see

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
you are screwed without ***-com. most codes wont show with a generic scanner. cant really work on a vw/ audi without it, just wasting your time. i have a vw, and had an a4, love them, fast and handle great, parts are crazy expensive. easy to work on once you get use to them.
Yea i hooked up my mac scanner and it acted funny so i figued it had to have somethin special. It is fast as hell tho and awd so it should be good in the snow lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well i guess it wouldnt start again this morning. I said screw it and now its got an appointment at the audi dealer in ft wayne thursday. Im almost positive its the pump but im not gonna make her spend another 200 and it not be fixed. Cant find the schrader valve, neither mine or autozone or the local mechanics scanners will work so there isnt really anything i can do at the moment. Just hate to admit defeat when it comes to cars.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No surprise there. $200? That's just for pulling in the stealership garage.

Best bet is to get full coverage insurance then stick a rag in the gas filler and light it lol