Auburn L S diff ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody running one of these? How do you lile it! Is it worth fooling with?
You must be registered for see images attach

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had one years ago in an 87' GMC Jimmy I had, I was happy with it, performed fine. I've got a Detroit TrueTrac in my 99' 2 door Tahoe that I have now, love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard they work well but they do have clutches that will wear out. Might as well just get a truetrac

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard they work well but they do have clutches that will wear out. Might as well just get a truetrac

No clutches and not serviceable. The Truetrac works better. I had a junk Auburn and recently used one that works, and it's still not as good as my Truetrac.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody running one of these? How do you lile it! Is it worth fooling with?
I remember going through this discussion about a year ago.:rofl: I was asking about Lunchbox Lockers and everyone suggested the Auburn or the Detroit TrueTrac. I still haven't decided yet. I'm sure you remember that one, Kenny:waytogo:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember going through this discussion about a year ago.:rofl: I was asking about Lunchbox Lockers and everyone suggested the Auburn or the Detroit TrueTrac. I still haven't decided yet. I'm sure you remember that one, Kenny:waytogo:
Lol, just like you, I havent made my mind up ether. I know this is a very long video. At 2 hrs, 8 mins in, they install a locker. Check it out. No to mention, its a cool build.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like this may be the way to go. Price is rite, and then you have a true limited slip differential.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I'm fond of the Eaton clutch-type limited slips - though they're more expensive. I've had two trouble-free units with lots of mixed miles and the occasional beating.

I have an Auburn in my hot rod, it still works excellent after all the abuse. Price looks good on that one you shared. I have heard that they eventually wear out the case and have to be "exchanged," for rebuild. Guy I knew had 2 of them in his Ford and wore them out - can't speak for his driving style. Mine is still working great.

I hear the TrueTrac is a great light-duty option, too. For regular street driving, they seem to be an excellent choice.