ATK HP74

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Bacon

Reaction score
I haven't ordered the engine yet. I'm getting ready to put the truck in storage for the winter. Unfortunately I won't have the garage space to do the swap over winter, gonna have to wait until spring.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$2700 bucks, and I can't figure out what they "upgraded" based on their description.

Looks like a bone-stock thirty-over Vortec 4-bolt long block to me. Which then makes it VERY overpriced.

I'd friggin' hope they bothered to zero-deck the block.

They want you to buy headers and a "chip", and that's where all the extra power is.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$2700 bucks, and I can't figure out what they "upgraded" based on their description.

Looks like a bone-stock thirty-over Vortec 4-bolt long block to me. Which then makes it VERY overpriced.

I'd friggin' hope they bothered to zero-deck the block.

They want you to buy headers and a "chip", and that's where all the extra power is.

The "upgrades" are dressings. Valve covers and what not. I'm not sure the model number I have but the cam is upgraded and the springs. Full roller.

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RUN away from anything and everything that has to do with ATK junk.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering that this motor costs less than $2K delivered for a new one from GM I would have to say this is not a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk