ATK High Performance 350ci TBI engine for 1988-1995 Trucks from Jegs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cams are manufactured and sold unhardened.
Idk, many cams are nitrided but your not going to get a nitrided cam from the low-cost leaders. Crane, comp etc will do it but you have to get on the phone with them.

Most hft cams are machined on cast core blanks so if there was no heat treating/surface hardening of any kind I don't think any would survive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well it’s a bit overdue, but I bought a used Vortec Jasper crate from a junkyard. Currently tearing it down, putting new head gaskets on it as well as cleaning it out, it’s pretty sludgy and nasty but it’s cleaning up. I may or may not have mentioned this on other threads now that I think about it. I got a mild summit 8800 roller cam for it, 204/214 with .450/.450 lift. Stage 3 summit Intake with transdapt TBI adapter, and a ported and built TBI from SPR performance. ARP head bolts to bolt the heads back on, and all Fel Pro/Fel Pro performance gaskets. Stock valvetrain appears to be in good order other than being a little dirty.

Next order of business is to drop the pan and pull a couple main bearings off to see if they need replacing before I start reassembling. They feel fine when I turn the engine over via the flywheel or harmonic balancer and everything has been pretty tight so far, minus oil leaks at the timing cover/oil pan and at each end of the intake manifold from poor use of RTV. Seems like Jasper is hit or miss with those.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has a fuel-pump blockoff plate, and a drilled hole visible for the coolant bypass.

My dollar says it's a 4-bolt main block.

(I have one just like that, back from the machine shop, ready to assemble...if I wasn't so lazy.)

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has a fuel-pump blockoff plate, and a drilled hole visible for the coolant bypass.

My dollar says it's a 4-bolt main block.

(I have one just like that, back from the machine shop, ready to assemble...if I wasn't so lazy.)
I have seen plenty of 2-bolts as well as 305s set up the same way.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never will understand why people use cheap conventional oil and then they do not keep it changed often.

This is the L31 that was in my 97 van for 12 years and lived entirely on Mobil One.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never will understand why people use cheap conventional oil and then they do not keep it changed often.

This is the L31 that was in my 97 van for 12 years and lived entirely on Mobil One.
^^^X2!

Here's my L05 (350 TBI) after ~18 years with Mobil1 since the new Mr Goodwrench was installed.