ATK High Performance 350ci TBI engine for 1988-1995 Trucks from Jegs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all, kinda new to the forum. Referred to the forum for years for my truck then finally decided to make an account!

After some searching through the threads, I haven’t seen much on either the $2800 ATK High Performance 350TBI or $4000 ATK High Performance 383TBI engines for 1988-95 trucks. The numbers seem good, as do the prices for a new crate engine. I was thinking about getting one of the two to swap in to my 1993 C1500 along with EBL Flash II software to run it. Probably the 350, with a ported TBI and eventually add some low boost via a centrifugal supercharger. Goal is to have a truck with 300-350rwhp. Not really interested in an LS swap anymore, the prices here are sky high($1200+) now for engines with 150k+ miles (4.8 and 5.3’s, 6.0’s are even more) and being OBD1 I am not really interested in building wiring harnesses and using stand alone management. My truck currently has the stock 2 bolt main 350tbi with 160k miles on it, with headers, custom exhaust and a single stud air filter.

I see some people saying stay away from ATK and others who have had good luck with them. Wanted to see if anyone had used one of these, and if they actually make the power they say.

Reaction score
check out these guys, some members report good things.
sorry no help on your questions directly.
No problem, I will take any advice. Oh, and another thing I want is a roller cam. Sick of engines “tiring” out after a couple years, because the flat tappet cam starts to wear. I even use the zinc additives and change my oil religiously between 3,000 and 5,000 miles.

Reaction score

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obtain a copy of their warranty paperwork.

WHO pays for:
Shipping the core (original) engine to them?
Shipping their engine back to them if it's defective?
Shipping the replacement engine for the defective engine to you?
Oil, coolant, gaskets, filters for the replacement engine when their defective engine is returned?

Do they pay realistic rates, or do they pay "1975 labor rates" for:
diagnosing the defective engine
Removing and replacing the defective engine?
Repair of minor problems?

Is the warranty void if a non-professional (You and two buddies) install the engine?

I don't think you're gonna like what you find out. But what do I know? I've never dealt with them.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ditto, read the warranty fine print. A lot of these warranty contracts are null and void if anybody other than a licensed shop does the install or the diagnostics to file for a warranty claim.

Another problem with the warranties is for example, they'll pay for 1 valve and a grind on one valve seat. No competent machine shop will touch it unless someone is going to pay(you) for the other 7.

Last edited:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would find a local builder or another option is Jasper. I have a truck with a jasper reman and it runs great and has 200k plus miles on it. I knew a guy that worked for ATK and never heard great things.