Astro, Rut Row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had this van for over 25 years. I drove it for a few years, but it had an issue with the #6 cylinder. Still ran ok, just a rough idle. Basically, it had been a service truck before the previous owner bought it and did the mods. The engine was seriously gummed up from the lack of regular oil changes. So, we set about building another motor so we could just swap them out with little down time. LOL After some unforeseen conditions, including 3 moves, 1 marriage, 1 divorce and my friend (who had the van at his shop) died, it sat...from around 1997 until last year. Since I don't have a garage, it is being refurbed in a storage unit near by. It's not cheap, so I'm trying to get it running so I can move it to my apartment where I can finish the cosmetic issues. I have a fresh .030 4.3 motor, Edelbrock intake, a mild Comp Roller Cam, with some mild head work on the engine stand. Also has a pair of Recarro seats too! Great ride. It was my daily driver, even hauling me and my endure go kart to Daytona one year for the WKA races! Should be a nice driver once I get it assembled! The pictures show before and now...
You must be registered for see images attach

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see a shorty astro come back to life. Those are getting hard to find not trashed

Now with the built 4.3 you gonna leave it tbi or go carb and btw what year is it. Sorry for all the questions but I have a soft spot for 1 gen Astros.

Mines an ugly s**tbox but the LS makes people turn heads lol