Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight users thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the fuse taps like Manmayco shows above to run power to my dashcams. The simple metal tab 1998_K1500_Sub shows is hot garbage. It would work fine, but I agree that it would likely deform the connector, and it has an exposed surface that will carry voltage.

Also note that when you use a fuse tap, you need to make sure which side of the fuse you're tapping off of. Plug it in without a fuse and see if you get power on the wire. If so, you have it backwards. You want your added-on power draw to be fused as well.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This type (pictured) would likely deform the fuse block’s connector:

You must be registered for see images attach

Those you’ve pictured would seem to be a much better alternative.

Yeah that's more what I was thinking, but those Amazon parts look a lot better. I will probably go with those, or something similar.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tightness of the Arteb headlights to the OE grill

A few posts in this thread have mentioned that the Arteb headlights, mounted in their own brackets, sit slightly "wider" on the radiator support and may interfere with the OE grill.

I took some pictures of my Artebs on my Suburban today. Note the tightness at the extreme ends, and the gap nearer the radiator. The "tightness" and "gap" aren't really that noticeable, but it's a bit "off" from OE.

Note that the point of nearest contact, between the headlights and the OE grill, is at the clips on the ends of the reflectors. I've illustrated the headlight's clip plainly in a separate picture.

@df2x4 and I discussed these clips earlier in 2022. They seem to be present on other mfgr's lights as well, e.g., TYC.

IMHO it's arguable that the clips are needed in operation. My belief is that they're used during manufacture to retain the two halves of the headlight together as the adhesive(s) cure, and thereafter they're vestigial.

Perhaps the clips could be removed during installation to provide more room / less interference with the OE grill.

Attachments

• Right outer edge.jpg
    Right outer edge.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Left outer edge.jpg
    Left outer edge.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Right inner edge.jpg
    Right inner edge.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Left inner edge.jpg
    Left inner edge.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Reflector with clip - annotated.jpg
    Reflector with clip - annotated.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arteb radiator support mounting brackets vs. GM-NA OE brackets

The Arteb brackets that bolt to the radiator support are different than the GM-NA OE brackets on account of the City Light fixture. This has been mentioned in this thread and elsewhere before, but now there are pictures to illustrate.

Therefore, the Arteb headlights will not bolt to the GM-NA OE brackets. The Arteb brackets must be used. (edit: In the post following, I suggest that the Arteb headlights will fit in the GM-NA OE brackets IF the City Light fixture is removed /edit).

What's pictured below are, for Arteb and for GM-NA OE placed side-by-side,

(1) the bracket that mounts to the radiator support, AND...

(2) the bracket that mounts on the back of the reflector which then bolts to bracket in (1), using the two long bolts. Normally this bracket is not removable, as it's affixed to the reflector housing via the aiming mechanism. But here, for illustration, I show the bracket with the reflector housing removed.

I've drawn, using red lines, on the back of the GM-NA OE bracket to show where the Arteb bracket differs.

The perspective of the camera lens to the brackets might give the impression that GM-NA OE and Arteb brackets differ in other dimensions, but to me they seem to be identical dimensionally... other than for the city light provision.

I've included a picture of one headlight and its bracket (i.e., (2) above), mounted together in typical fashion for reference.

Attachments

• LH brackets backside -  annotated.jpg
    LH brackets backside - annotated.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 28
  • LH brackets -  annotated.jpg
    LH brackets - annotated.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5577.jpg
    IMG_5577.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(followup to the above)

The GM-NA OE headlights fit into the Arteb brackets, as shown below.

I might therefore assume that the Arteb headlights might fit in the GM-NA OE bracket IF the City Light fixture was not installed. One might try this as a short-term, quick-installation approach.

Edit: Nah, I don't believe this, now. See my post #90 a bit later.

Attachments

• IMG_6917.jpg
    IMG_6917.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6918.jpg
    IMG_6918.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6920 1.jpg
    IMG_6920 1.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6921.jpg
    IMG_6921.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6922.jpg
    IMG_6922.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I imagine this was the cause of some of the difficulties I was having while trying to install one of the Artebs into my Suburban. I bet the city light socket/fixture was interfering with my brackets.

Thanks for the pictures!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I might therefore assume that the Arteb headlights might fit in the GM-NA OE bracket IF the City Light fixture was not installed. One might try this as a short-term, quick-installation approach.

I could not get any combination, that would makes things easier for me, to work. I don't recall exactly what I tried, but I had issues with the pins not wanting to line up. I was burning up more time and work trying to save time and work. Currently I have one full Arteb installed, and one full TYC. When I get around to fitting the other Arteb, I'll have to pull the grill again.

I have not driven the truck at night yet.... I may drive it to work tomorrow, or Saturday.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could not get any combination, that would makes things easier for me, to work. I don't recall exactly what I tried, but I had issues with the pins not wanting to line up.

edit: I just tried to mount an Arteb headlight in a GM-NA OE bracket, and had the same problem. See my post #90 following this.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arteb headlights will NOT fit into GM-NA OE brackets: At least, for me.

I found a set of GM-NA OE headlight brackets in the basement that I could trial-fit the Arteb headlights into.

I had to remove Arteb's City Light fixture. Below is a picture that illustrates the interference with the OE bracket.

Even after removing the fixture, the Arteb unit wouldn't completely fit into the OE bracket.

The issue seems to be where the two marry near their center, where one of the long bolts would join them (see pictures). In my case, the OE brackets were a little narrower at that joint, preventing the mating portion of the headlight from seating thoroughly into the joint... and thus preventing the bolt holes from aligning (and me from inserting the long bolt).

The Arteb brackets have a wider opening by about .030 which better accommodates their headlight. See the pictures.

Of course, what I'm seeing here may be "make variation".

But using the OE bracket is a dead-end road anyway, at best a temporary step, as the Arteb brackets are the ones to use b/c they accommodate the City Light fixture.

Attachments

• City Light interfere with GM-NA OE bracket.jpg
    City Light interfere with GM-NA OE bracket.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Width of OE bracket at centerline of bolt  holes.jpg
    Width of OE bracket at centerline of bolt holes.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Width of Arteb bracket at centerline of bolt   holes.jpg
    Width of Arteb bracket at centerline of bolt holes.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Interference between bracket and headlight illustrated.jpg
    Interference between bracket and headlight illustrated.jpg