Ardent Fabrication Autocross Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
So, why the AR5? Availability? They're only rated for 260 lb/ft torque. Granted a T-5 only gets you to 300 lb/ft.

Sweet truck. I've been pondering getting a roller stepside, ditching the front sheetmetal for fiberglass, ditching the inner panels on the bed, slamming 5/7 on some wide stickies and seeing how it carves the cones. I'd probably even pony up for good cylinder heads.
Availability and cost.

I've read from multiple sources theyre good for about 500HP and I havent had any issues with mine and really like it. It's a good alternative to T56. I'm in it less than half the typical cost of a used T56 that needs a rebuild.

Much appreciated man, with the right parts these trucks will turn.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I know 1 reason is they're cheap
Yea, I got mine from LKQ for $315 with like a 3 month/3,000 mile replacement warranty. Can't complain about that!

You could find them cheaper through private sellers on Craigslist or Facebook market place.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
What did you use for a pedal/master cylinder setup? How far did you have to move the trans cross-member? Thanks for the info!
I used a pre-'95 clutch pedal assembly, typically found in the V6 worktrucks or other RCSB.

I think I moved the transmission crossmember forward like 2"-3", can't recall exactly ATM. Just scoot it forward and drill new holes. I even reused the polyurethane transmission mount that I had on the original 700R4.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been here but here's an update!

---

Ardent Fabrication's Autocross OBS Truck Three-link with a Panhard Bar!
This rear suspension set-up will allow me to tune in some anti-squat and roll-steer to really get some grip off the line and around the corners where it counts the most.
The offset single upper control arm is intentional as it will help with any torque steer of the rear axle as well as packaging underneath the truck bed with out having to modify the floor, just a cross brace underneath.
The double adjustable, digressive piston, Viking Warrior shocks will further help fine tune the suspension and paired with the right springs, the truck feels so much more modern.
Multiple suspension points available for adjustments allow for changes in very fine increments of the instant center which in turn affects anti-squat and roll-steer mentioned before.
Future kit will be mostly bolt-on with the exception of welding the brackets for the axle itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want the lower bars LCA inline, I'd say level but depends if the truck has rake.

I don't like how it's set up to pull back when the diff twist instead of up like a torque arm, just seems like a waste of potential work.