Ardent Fabrication Autocross Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
A saying I use a lot when it comes to performance is "a bigger tire fixes everything".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Had to log back in just to comment on this, love the tucked wide wheels and it look like a ton of fun to drive. I'm building a 00 RCSB id love to have a similar setup.

I got a few questions for ya!
-did you make your brackets for the sway bar? installing one on my gmt800 and would like to use something other than exhaust clamps
-you said something about a harness bar for a gmt800? you caught my attention haha

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Had to log back in just to comment on this, love the tucked wide wheels and it look like a ton of fun to drive. I'm building a 00 RCSB id love to have a similar setup.

I got a few questions for ya!
-did you make your brackets for the sway bar? installing one on my gmt800 and would like to use something other than exhaust clamps
-you said something about a harness bar for a gmt800? you caught my attention haha

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I absolutely love this truck. I've owned over 15+ vehicles and this is by far my ride or die; I'm taking this thing to the grave with me!

That's awesome! My business partner has an '02 Silverado and it's the beta tester for all my GMT800 related products. I actually just finished welding up a batch of the GMT800 Polyurethane Motor Mounts tonight. Let me know if those peak your interest too [emoji6]
You must be registered for see images attach

As for the brackets, I fabricated some simple ones. I've actually gotten a few inquiries for these so I might actually turn these into a product.

And yes, I'm in the developing stages of making seat brackets and then the harness bar or hoop (to be determined) but stay tuned!!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought you welded Suburban brackets onto the axle, but those look stiffer than half of an exhaust u bolt. Ya know they used plain jane u bolts on the 4th gen Camaro rear bar, and it's still less weird than a Fox/SN95 Mustang rear bar.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I thought you welded Suburban brackets onto the axle, but those look stiffer than half of an exhaust u bolt. Ya know they used plain jane u bolts on the 4th gen Camaro rear bar, and it's still less weird than a Fox/SN95 Mustang rear bar.

Well I used the brackets that connect the end links to the chassis but as for the brackets on the axle itself, I fabricated. The original brackets are actually made from 3/16" this steel. I used 3/16" thick steel for the sides but 1/4" for the base of it and threaded the holes. Didn't feel like welding nuts to the backsides.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This is how we did the mounts on my '98.
But it's a one-off custom. We had no intentions of any kinda production, limited or mass.

Welded the shock extensions, too.