Apps that read CMP Retard Offset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is the Torque Pro with Android? I'm about to have to do my distributor and it'd be nice to be able to read it myself so I don't have to pay a mechanic to adjust it within spec.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Torque Pro is probably the best $5 you'll ever spend on an app. It's all I've used for years now. I've never done a distributor with it but I'm pretty sure it'll do everything Dashcommand will and more.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to help rule things out, I can say that I never got the Palmer Performance OBD adapter to work with an iPhone or iPad.

A BAFX android Bluetooth adapter works fine on my cheapo tablet on my two 98 models. DashCommand is a bit of an easier interface than CarGaugePro, but both will read the CMP Retard on my 98s.

But, I saw someone post that they couldn’t get CarGauge Pro to read on a 96, so the apps seem to be consistently inconsistent.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/car-gauge-pro-can-read-cmp.35275/page-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Just to help rule things out, I can say that I never got the Palmer Performance OBD adapter to work with an iPhone or iPad.

A BAFX android Bluetooth adapter works fine on my cheapo tablet on my two 98 models. DashCommand is a bit of an easier interface than CarGaugePro, but both will read the CMP Retard on my 98s.

But, I saw someone post that they couldn’t get CarGauge Pro to read on a 96, so the apps seem to be consistently inconsistent.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/car-gauge-pro-can-read-cmp.35275/page-4

What do you think my best option would be for using one with an iPhone?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, couldn’t say for sure about what adapter works with an iPhone.

I gave up and bought a cheap tablet for $30 or so and used an android OBD. Works fine on my 98.

You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it. Trying to find a miss without parts cannoning.
For OBD1 I'm using one of these: http://www.1320electronics.com/

Bought mine off of eBay for $75.00 dollars. The App (ALDL Scan) is free. I've only used it once so I don't have a lot of experience with it to tell you what it can and cannot do.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Torque Pro is probably the best $5 you'll ever spend on an app. It's all I've used for years now. I've never done a distributor with it but I'm pretty sure it'll do everything Dashcommand will and more.

Looks like i know what I'm buying next