Apps that read CMP Retard Offset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Im wondering if any of you guys have found a decent app on the iPhone that reads the CMP Retard Offset using a blue tooth OBD2 adapter ?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don’t find one that works, I use a $30 RCA android tablet from Walmart to read mine using DashCommand and Car Gauge Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used the Android version of Dashcommand, but it's been years ago. Seemed to work OK. Torque Pro always ran better on my Android phones so I ended up just using that. Don't think Torque is available on Apple, though.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I've used the Android version of Dashcommand, but it's been years ago. Seemed to work OK. Torque Pro always ran better on my Android phones so I ended up just using that. Don't think Torque is available on Apple, though.
What Bluetooth adapter are you using? I was looking around on Amazon & theres way to many options. Any idea on a decent one for the money?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What Bluetooth adapter are you using? I was looking around on Amazon & theres way to many options. Any idea on a decent one for the money?

Truthfully, all the cheap ones are hit or miss. I've got a bunch of them. I've got two of those cheap blue ones that 89RCLB posted, exact same model and seller, and they each work with one of my trucks but not the other. You can't make this crap up. Lots of people recommend the $30 BAFX but I could never get mine to work with either of my trucks. The only one I've got that has worked 100% flawlessly with every vehicle I've tried it on is my $100 PLX Kiwi.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truthfully, all the cheap ones are hit or miss. I've got a bunch of them. I've got two of those cheap blue ones that 89RCLB posted, exact same model and seller, and they each work with one of my trucks but not the other. You can't make this crap up. Lots of people recommend the $30 BAFX but I could never get mine to work with either of my trucks. The only one I've got that has worked 100% flawlessly with every vehicle I've tried it on is my $100 PLX Kiwi.
Yeah, they really are hit or miss. But for $14.00 bucks I was willing to try it out. I've been lucky with mine, 100% success rate on four different vehicles.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I figured the cheap ones would be hit or miss. I’d like to try the app out before I drop 100$ on the Bluetooth OBD adapter.