Anyone Used Dynamat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soffseal has a 4'x6' sheet of sound deadener that's only $27 on Summit. I put it in WCJr and I'm putting it in Roscoe as well.

It takes two sheets to do a regular cab. I did the floor all the way up to the HVAC box, the rear of the cab, and I put some in the doors.

For Roscoe I also bought some thin stick-on damper for the roof. I cut a cardboard template, and then marked and cut the material to fit. I haven't finished the body work, but once I do I'll stick it on.

Total cost - about $121, shipped.
Oh wow, that’s a good deal.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was more concerned with heat insulation then noise, which was the primary purpose. But it does have the same or better sound dampening. This stuff is 314 mils thick, compared to 80 mil dynamat. Being in Texas, id say it was worth every penny
Thanks for the photos. You did a nice job on the installation.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Soffseal has a 4'x6' sheet of sound deadener that's only $27 on Summit. I put it in WCJr and I'm putting it in Roscoe as well.

It takes two sheets to do a regular cab. I did the floor all the way up to the HVAC box, the rear of the cab, and I put some in the doors.

For Roscoe I also bought some thin stick-on damper for the roof. I cut a cardboard template, and then marked and cut the material to fit. I haven't finished the body work, but once I do I'll stick it on.

Total cost - about $121, shipped.

thanks, dynamat always charged what the market would bear, But even the others now have priced themselves out of my acceptable range. Used to get the big pack for $150 ish, now they want that much for the trunk kit! Seems to have about tripled in price in the last decade or so.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my Dynamat installed along with my clean carpet, four new stereo speakers, bucket seats & console. I have not driven my truck since I completed the interior upgrades. I am looking forward to hearing if the sound deadener makes a difference in road noise.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 11

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it works, BUT....there are way cheaper alternatives to be had at your "big box" hardware stores. A quick google search for "dynamat alternative" will yield a bunch of different results. Usually a asphalt based sticky roofing material.
sorry but this is an absolute terrible idea. have you used roofing material as deadener in a vehicle? it ends up costing more than real automotive sound deadener because you need so many more layers to achieve the same result. not to mention it smells terrible, doesnt last up to heat, and leaves a terrible residue when it comes off

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry but this is an absolute terrible idea. have you used roofing material as deadener in a vehicle? it ends up costing more than real automotive sound deadener because you need so many more layers to achieve the same result. not to mention it smells terrible, doesnt last up to heat, and leaves a terrible residue when it comes off
100% agree that it's not a good idea.....I should have been clearer with that statement.....it was was made so they were aware of what it was.