Anyone used a Tahoe 2nd seat in a 88-94 regular cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimInIndy

Reaction score
I'm new to the group; thanks very much for the add.

I'm building a 94 shortbed 2wd and someone before me put what looks like a backseat from an extended cab in as the front bench. I just acquired a 2nd row 60/40 from a 2015 Tahoe (Police K9 take-out) and wondered if anyone on this site has done anything remotely similar? I'd like to hear how you went about it, using the 15 mounts or the 94, etc...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just talking to my brother about seat swapping and he said my K3500 crew cab back seats (same as the Suburban and perhaps the Tahoe?) can be fitted into the front. I don't know the specifics, so someone will have to confirm this...I have that console on mine and I would like a middle seat instead....

BTW, welcome! You find a lot of useful information on this forum. Lots of guys willing to share information and plenty of mods/upgrades to our trucks!

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eh, you probably could, other than having to fight with the weird bracketry. Those Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row seats are pretty weird underneath. Since you're a regular cab, it may not be a big deal other than the unknown of dealing with the transmission hump. Set it down in there and see what it's gonna take. Just remember if you have to drill any holes in the floor, back the nuts up with LARGE, thick washers to keep the bolts from just ripping through the floor in the event of a crash.

Richard

TimInIndy

Reaction score
I was just talking to my brother about seat swapping and he said my K3500 crew cab back seats (same as the Suburban and perhaps the Tahoe?) can be fitted into the front. I don't know the specifics, so someone will have to confirm this...I have that console on mine and I would like a middle seat instead....

BTW, welcome! You find a lot of useful information on this forum. Lots of guys willing to share information and plenty of mods/upgrades to our trucks!
Eh, you probably could, other than having to fight with the weird bracketry. Those Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row seats are pretty weird underneath. Since you're a regular cab, it may not be a big deal other than the unknown of dealing with the transmission hump. Set it down in there and see what it's gonna take. Just remember if you have to drill any holes in the floor, back the nuts up with LARGE, thick washers to keep the bolts from just ripping through the floor in the event of a crash.

Richard
I agree about the big washers/plates. I've been saved by seatbelts in the past and wouldn't dream of cutting that kind of corner. What I was noticing about the Tahoe seat is the rear mount is really low, which makes sense given that it's going in place almost between the rear wheels. IDK if i might be able to just take the Tahoe seat frame and mount it to the older split bench tracks, or keep the Tahoe tracks and do a little blacksmithing to configure the mounts.

TimInIndy

Reaction score

Thanks for getting back to me stutaeng! I'm pretty sure they'll fit in side to side, and they're slimmer looking than the early puffy seats. Plus, they're brand new black vinyl for 30 bucks! The old seats in both the target and donor trucks smell like a dead bear and are about as dirty, so there's no option there, anyway. :)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Don't know about the later model Tahoes in police configuration, but do the 400 ones have fold down 2nd row seats? I know the Burbs do. Small 1 person seat on passenger side, larger portion for 2 passengers accessible through the driver's side. And the 3rd row seat has hooks on the bottom brackets that slide into the floor sockets. They went to that style in the square body era; my 75 third seat bolted in, but my 79 had the hooks. Much better mounting in my opinion( as long as the latches don't lock up from grunge, those floor sockets catch everything! ).

TimInIndy

Reaction score
Don't know about the later model Tahoes in police configuration, but do the 400 ones have fold down 2nd row seats? I know the Burbs do. Small 1 person seat on passenger side, larger portion for 2 passengers accessible through the driver's side. And the 3rd row seat has hooks on the bottom brackets that slide into the floor sockets. They went to that style in the square body era; my 75 third seat bolted in, but my 79 had the hooks. Much better mounting in my opinion( as long as the latches don't lock up from grunge, those floor sockets catch everything! ).
I dropped a tape on the two seats, and it seems like the 2015 is about an inch and three quarters taller than the bench thats in it . i'll pull the bench out over the weekend and try to size them up side to side to see what the 2015 looks like when it's resting in place