Anyone tried swapping in newer Escalade 2007-2020 tail lights on a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Seeing if anyone has swapped out newer tail lights from a 07-14 or a 15-20 onto a gmt400? I’ve seen a couple of 07-14 Denali’s and Escalades with the 15-20 tail light “blades” put on them not great and not bad just eh. I do prefer the 07-14 tail lights on that they look like 90’s deville tail lights. And led goes with led third light on roof. I know the older of the 2 are taller lights but didn’t know if someone added the body color matched D pillar and it all worked out? Or did the “blades”? Yes a bit of repetition but I think either one is a huge upgraded/updated look to make gmt400’s just a bit more modern in a nice clean way.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't seen it. Thought it was cool idea though. I believe there way different setup though. Plus possibly different shape. If you find anything out let me know. Long time ago I wanted to do that to the suburban but wife said no lol. Plus there a bit pricey

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah I know the shapes are different but still was thinking it might not be so far off due to 2015 blades going onto a
07-14. Just seeing if anyone had the wild chance of having the opportunity to do so.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am cutting my stock pillar covers to do this look. the Complete unit will not work. I just have to find a tail light lense that will be big enough or find a place that sells the lense material.
I might try red plexi glass with a floresent light defuzer behind it.
Take some pictures when complete

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Kool yeah I didn’t think the stock blade light would bolt right on. But also didn’t know if anyone actually tried to do that either. But I know they do sell aftermarket lights that fit that D pillar they just don’t have a tail light that matches it but I still like best is the 07-14 Escalade tail lights just simple but fancy all in one lol. And yes do take pics you could set a trend or start up a side biz of them! Good luck

What?

Reaction score
Could you post pictures of the taillight lense?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
This is the upper D pillar I’ve seen on Pinterest randomly but as far as pics of blades on gmt400 I have yet to come across any. But like I mentioned before that these uppers don’t have a direct “lower/regular in stock place” tail light that continues the lines or look of the upper but the one in the picture is IMO the closest to continuing the look