Anyone running a 2wd 355 that has dyno?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn.. my 383 with 9.7.1 & long tubes with stock vortec heads & 308 comp cam put down 255 & 330 at the wheels. That was with Holley Sniper EFI. It’s all gone as of today in lieu for an Edelbrock AVS2 Carb & MSD dizzy..

I could not find reference to that cam but I am guessing it must be a TINY cam.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea mines a 355 with Promaxx max series 190 heads, Edelbrock dual plane, AvS2 carb, xe268 cam with 1.6 roller rockers out a true dual exhaust. 10.3:1. I’m going to build a 383 short block at some point and have the heads ported/polished along with the intake. I’m hoping that’ll get me an extra 30 hp/tq.

Have you tuned in your AVS2? I’ve seen some vortec headed 355 that are about as quick as mine.

Out of interest (as my 350 Vortec also has a 'a true dual exhaust') does yours have a balance pipe or is each pipe completely independent?

Wheeler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I had my carb dialed in on the dyno. It finally fires up like I wish my Sniper was supposed to be. 1 pump with that electric choke and Boom, high idle. This winter I’ll have the shop change my heads & cam for something a little better. I only use the truck in the summer to tow my camper. I want more power yet again!