Anyone Recognize This Lift Kit? Skyjacker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at this lift kit on Craigslist, the ad states that it's a skyjacker 4" lift kit for 88-98 Chevy/GMC 1500 4x4. This is the only picture in the ad.

You must be registered for see images

It LOOKS like a legit diff drop it, but it does NOT look at all like the kit that skyjacker currently offers, and honestly doesn't look like any kit I have seen. I see that it comes with both upper and lower control arms, which seems odd since most lift kits I have seen just relocate the stock ones instead of giving you new ones.

The only time I can remember seeing control arms in a lift kit is those janky "2-3 inch" kits that just help you over-crank your TBs.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't see the crossmember that lowers the mount for the lower control arms....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Aren't those lower control arms stock stamped arms? The knuckle on the top left looks like a lift spindle, to me. Did Skyjacker ever offer a spindle lift? Some of those llift kits didn't use a cradle type piece, but several individual brackets, which looks like this may be. What else would all the small brackets be for? Notice the blocks for the rear.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Looks similar to my old trailmaster lift. The drop downs for the lower control arms are individual for each corner instead of connecting them left to right. It used the stock spindles and has extensions for the upper ball joint on top of the spindle and uses new control arms to correct the suspension angle. This should not increase the track width. The steering center link is dropped and you have to get longer tie rod adjusting sleeves compared to stock

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I think I'll pass. It's a "maybe" at best and I still can't find any instructions or even a solid identification anywhere. I'll hold out for something better.

Thanks for trying guys.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just checked CL again and he changed the ad to say "Trail master".

I'll check and see if I can find any documents for it but I'm still doubtful.

EDIT: I think I found it. I believe that it is the Trail Master C44 kit. This is the picture from Summit:
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks about the same to me, but is no longer available, not even on TM's website.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Looks about the same to me, but is no longer available, not even on TM's website.

Trailmaster sold their name, or something. I believe Trailmaster is now part of Tenneco, but they started off as an independent business. That Independent business is what is now BDS, I think.

Edit: Thier website doesn't say anything about Tenneco.... maybe I'm confusing them with Rancho. Either way, I don't believe it's the same old company. They used to be Coldwater, MI..... where BDS is now.

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trailmaster sold their name, or something. I believe Trailmaster is now part of Tenneco, but they started off as an independent business. That Independent business is what is now BDS, I think.

Edit: Thier website doesn't say anything about Tenneco.... maybe I'm confusing them with Rancho. Either way, I don't believe it's the same old company. They used to be Coldwater, MI..... where BDS is now.

Yeesh. Seems like a mess. I still don't like that it's a bunch of little pieces rather than a whole subframe like most of the other kits. I also still can't find any instructions or parts lists.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The rear is not one piece because you have the lower left that bolts into the lower control arm and the lower rear mount of the front diff. Then that solid rectangular piece bolts from the diff to the lower right control arm bracket.