Anyone know what this is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billdamonkey

Reaction score
bought a 92 K1500 and have some odd looking stuff under the hood. Anyone know what it's for, and can I get rid of it without problems? Wired from Battery to (fuse?) then in front of radiator to rheostat looking thing that has this looped wire coming out of it with what looks like a thermo coupler attached to to the looped wire. Rheostat thing is wired to a (relay?) then goes into the fire wall with a brown wire to the fuse box.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Billdamonkey

Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the blue wire coming from the rheostat looking thing is unterminated. I think Dropped88 might have nailed it as the blue wire could have easily conected to a elec. fan.

Ahh, and now that I'm looking again that copper thing in the 3rd pic is the temperature probe for the radiator. That's got to be what it was.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That rheostat and temp probe does not look automotive to me.... probbaly repurposed from something else.