Anyone interested in an 8.1/ Allison?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the owner of the motor coach to call me. I have to leave word with the park manager and she gets with the coach owner(who is in and out of the area). Once I have the price information etc. I will post it here! Thanks again everyone for your patience!

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of the guys on the Ford forums are having good luck with the 7.3, but like always, it's new so it'll have issues the first couple of years just like the 6.7 diesel, 6.6 Dmax, etc...
50/50. You'll have "new design" issues the first few years, but on the other side of the coin, you'll have people that absolutely love them the first few years.. until warranty runs out and they start finding all the REALLY expensive problems.

I remember the early years of Duramax when people were in love with them until they later found out just how expensive it was to replace the injectors, which failed far earlier than many people thought they should. Then there was that whole national backorder issue so you couldn't even get them, leaving people's trucks sitting.

The early 6.7 PSD were bad about breaking valves, in the version used in the chassis cabs; apparently the lighter trucks didn't suffer this. I know of someone that only had 12K miles or so on theirs when it failed. Want to talk about engine destruction.. eats the heads and the block, because the cylinders get so scarred up the block is junk. Fortunately for him it happened under warranty, but when it's an $18K+ job you find yourself fighting with the Ford warranty claims guys because they do not want to eat it.

Richard

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
50/50. You'll have "new design" issues the first few years, but on the other side of the coin, you'll have people that absolutely love them the first few years.. until warranty runs out and they start finding all the REALLY expensive problems.

I remember the early years of Duramax when people were in love with them until they later found out just how expensive it was to replace the injectors, which failed far earlier than many people thought they should. Then there was that whole national backorder issue so you couldn't even get them, leaving people's trucks sitting.

The early 6.7 PSD were bad about breaking valves, in the version used in the chassis cabs; apparently the lighter trucks didn't suffer this. I know of someone that only had 12K miles or so on theirs when it failed. Want to talk about engine destruction.. eats the heads and the block, because the cylinders get so scarred up the block is junk. Fortunately for him it happened under warranty, but when it's an $18K+ job you find yourself fighting with the Ford warranty claims guys because they do not want to eat it.

Richard
You must be registered for see images attach

We're running a ton of the 7.3 Godzillas in this platform, we hadn't had any issues yet. Back when we were running V10's, we were replacing an engine a week. And you KNOW people drive these things like a rental!!! lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The lady that has this coach has decided to sell the whole rig, but he hasn't come picked it up yet.