Anyone ever successfully lowered a factory bench seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a dumb question while I'm contemplating my next move. Seems like the factory bench seat sits kind of high. Anyone ever tried dropping the seat down some?

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!!

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Completed his mods successfully last night and today. Paint tonight. Thanks for the heads up @ElwoodBlues. I'll post painted and installed pics in my build thread, but for now, here's my finished results. Only thing I didn't like about Jason's setup was the back corner treatment. Changed that up a bit with some of the removed steel and made it a little cleaner.

Before and after cut:

You must be registered for see images

Booger welds complete.

Booger welds ground down:

Roughed in corner treatment:

Prepped and ready for filler and paint:

You must be registered for see images attach

All in all, a massively successful one-ish day project.

ElwoodBlues

Reaction score
Hell yeah, brother! You work quick! Let me know how different it is driving it. I’ve thought about this mod for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you really tall?
No. I just didn't like how high the seat sat, and by the looks of the bracketry it looked like this was feasible. I've test fit it once already and I'm a fan. Made a nice difference.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha. It was a one-night project. Didnt take long at all. They're drying now. I'm ridiculously happy with the fit and new feel.