anyone derby??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Yeah,shes pretty crunched in for only having two runs on it lol. But next time it gets ran there wont be anything to else to smash,all i need is a civic radiator and I'm ready to win haha

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well since the subject is demo and racing, anyone done any type of tough - tuff truck racing or events?

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Tuff trucks look fun as hell,if i can find more events around here i might just turn my cherokee into a full blown romp donkey and run it. Not many places around ohio do it though,only 2 i can think of

Spode

Reaction score
Well since the subject is demo and racing, anyone done any type of tough - tuff truck racing or events?

I did one years ago. One of the funnest things I've done. Was at a monster truck show, had tough trucks in the intermissions. This was going on on Friday and Saturday. Probably 10 or so entries pretty even mix of full blown race trucks and beaters like I had plus one guy dumb enough to bring out his basically new stock truck and beat it up.

Only rules were roll bar, seat belt and helmet. Bought a 74 F100 for $500 and had a buddy make a roll bar out of square tubing. Got two runs, to qualify for finals. First run hit the first jump and the truck died in mid air. Got towed outside and the truck fired right back up. Second run exact same thing happened. Figured out the ignition was so wore out that as I hit bumps the key was just turning off. So went and bought me an ignition at auto parts store so I could prep for the second night. Don't remember why, but I couldn't get that ignition to work, so my solution was to start the truck and duct tape the key/switch and column up so it couldn't turn off. Worked like a charm and had a great run that qualified me for finals, but at the end of it was spewing radiator smoke out from under the hood. Pulled the truck outside and popped the hood. Was really obvious, the truck had no radiator shroud and the upper radiator hose had just been sliced open. Parts store was less than a mile away and it was still open, so I ran and got me a new hose before round two. Got back to truck and found new surprise. The real reason the hose was cut was because the rusted battery tray had ripped off the sidewalk and the battery had pushed the hose into fan. The battery was still resting against the fan blade, and had a been sliced all the way open. Anyways, I put new hose on and bungeed the battery out of the way and to my surprise it started right up. So off for round two. Had another solid run, but finished and the battery had caught fire. Had to have it extinguished, and no finals for me. Next day put a new battery tray and battery in it and sold it to an employee for $300. They drove it for an entire year until the monster trucks came back to town. I bought it from them for $300 and raced again. Broke the front axle on round two of the first night, and that's the last time I did tough truck. Man it was fun.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Going this weekend to pick up a camry wagon for scrap price,engine dropped a valve and its trash but its spotless and i have another toyota 4 banger in the garage. Gonna have less than 500 in my compact class killer,found all sorts of metal pipe out back and found some new cleats for 150 bucks. Gonna be an all winter project probably,gotta crimp my fenders,quarter panels,and notch the back hatch,build a cradle for the engine,throw a halo in it and too much other stuff lol

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Some post-carnage pics before i scrapped my buick. That was the greatest 120ish bucks ever spent,i got almost 200 at the scrap yard without a title too lol

You must be registered for see images attach