anyone derby??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
ran my first derby last night,and I love it! Ran a 96 Buick century in the fwd street stock class,my dads car and his buddies car decided to give us last minute problems,radiator decided to finally go in our reatta and the oil sending until in our olds 88 was puking. Got a week to get ready for the next county fair. I have 2 or 3 cars ready to build for next season,we're gonna run a minitruck,compact,and modified next year,along with a few street stocks. Anyone else smash for cash though? It'd be cool to meet a few local people to "team up" with

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
ran in another derby last week,finished half pack but ruined my car lol..sticking to wire ties again next year,the pay out is just the same for a mild weld or modified,i'd rather have a chance to win 1200 with 150 in my car than to win 1200 with 8k+ in it lol. but,does anyone around Dayton Ohio have any cars they wanna sell for dirt cheap? Don't care about titles,as long as it half ass runs and moves without major repairs ill buy it. luminas,corsicas,fwd Buicks with solid axles in the back(like my century) or wagons are preferred but I'll run anything,just let me know! also..looking for a few people that might want to start up a derby team next year,any takers?? We need more than 3 people running at a time,there's too many classes for just 3 people lol

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'd like to get into it at some point, my friend Joe just did his first at the local fair in a Toyota Tercel, although the rules for ours are cars only, FWD only, and 4 or 6 cylinder. I wanted a truck and we have a 94 Mazda Ranger laying around they we would be happy to smash if they allowed it!

But I'm in Cali so I'm a bit far from you guys lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to get into it at some point, my friend Joe just did his first at the local fair in a Toyota Tercel, although the rules for ours are cars only, FWD only, and 4 or 6 cylinder. I wanted a truck and we have a 94 Mazda Ranger laying around they we would be happy to smash if they allowed it!

But I'm in Cali so I'm a bit far from you guys lol

Turn it in into a tough truck and you'll be smashing into other people in no time.

Got any photos of the car or the track?

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I ran my first derbu this year and loved it too! 1990 chevy celebrity wagon. Next year I've got a buick century

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Turn it in into a tough truck and you'll be smashing into other people in no time.

Got any photos of the car or the track?

I heard that there used to be a rolling derby in Redding years ago. I wish there still was!!

I looked around trying to find photos of the car, I knew I took some but my iCloud is being weird. When I find them I'll post them!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea there used to be a while back. Parents friend did it and dropped us an old Buick to run demolition but never happened. Also knew few guys and girls who race over here.
Meant to ask Chi if he had any photos

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my buddy to send me the pictures,theres about 20 I need to upload lol. I got a little video too,as soon as his procastinating ass sends them to me I'll post em.

id love to find a fwd Buick wagon for next season,my century held up great until I broke an axle. The only cars i have luck with are fwd 4 or 6cyl,i just run in the wire tie class. Cheapest to run,biggest payouts,and some of the hardest hits of the night are in that class.

its worth the trip out here to run a truck,alot of places in Ohio have mini truck classes and full size classes. I've seen some gnarly suburbans and Tahoe's in the full size classes,i've been debating on turning mine into a derby truck but I don't have another tow rig yet lol

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Heres some pictures of the century after my last run,still got plenty of car left for next year

You must be registered for see images attach