any pictures of front fender trimming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poloz28

Reaction score
i have a 2000 CCSB k2500. i am wanting to fit my 33s with no or little torsion cranking. i have the factory fender flares and the previous owner cranked the keys way up. it drives terrible. i am thinking i need to trim around 2" from the rear of the fender (where the cab and front door are). then i would need to carefully cut a small pie shape out of the fender flare to replace it back on the newly trimmed fender. anyone have pictures of this?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to trim anything to clear 33s. I ran 285/75/R16s on a K1500 Suburban for a couple years with just a slight crank. Factory 16" wheels, never rubbed once.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing you might have to trim is the lower bumper valence. Otherwise should clear just fine unless you have a wacky wheel setup.

jsfrmsj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a wacky wheel setup, had to trim the inner fender lip and the bumper insert in between the chrome bumper and the fender. I did a real ****** job doing it too lol, which I regret but o well. You can't tell unless you know to look for it

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a wacky wheel setup, had to trim the inner fender lip and the bumper insert in between the chrome bumper and the fender. I did a real ****** job doing it too lol, which I regret but o well. You can't tell unless you know to look for it

cant see your pics

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got 285/75r16 BFG KO2s on my 96 K2500, I had to trim the little lip on the inside of the fender off, and cut the ends of the bumper; I replaced the bent bumper and that stopped my rubbing issues up front, but it still catches the back of the fender if I turn hard going up an incline.

I had the tire shop crank my torsion bars up a little under an inch to clear just to be on the safe side, but if you just trim a little like I said you should be able to fit them without issue. I'll try to grab some pictures of how I did it tomorrow.

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering how much fender to trim on my 1993 Chevy suburban c1500. I’m running 235/75/r15 (factory size). All the charts are saying biggest I can fit is 32/10.5/r15.