Any Hydraulic Over Electric Trailer Brake Controllers Out There?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I see there used to be some, but they quit making them. Why I'll never know. I don't like the way my P3 acts and I'd like something better and smoother for the dually.

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a P3... I'll probably put it in my Dodge rather than my Burb, but that is still up in the air. While I can't really help your situation, I'm quite curious as to why it didn't work out for you. Would you mind elaborating a little?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Great conditiin, recently adjusted. They're very strong, but I don't like the braking curve of the P3. At first it's nothing, then it suddenly surges to way too much power. When loaded, if I turn on boost, it's great at highway speeds but sucks in slower traffic as it's all herky jerky. If I had more control over that, I'd be happier. When I got to reading about the older hydraulic over electric though, I really liked the idea of instant response.