Any Advantage to a Suburban over a Tahoe/Yukon???...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Interesting! That's a Fischer Skyhawk from 1977, it's a home model (non-commercial, doesn't take coins to play) that apparently was their only pinball offering though there are mentions of a slightly different version of the same game, with only 2 pop bumpers instead of 3 and some minor differences in the artwork. Yours having the 3 pop bumpers I guess makes it the Skyhawk II. Fischer / Questor apparently was in the pool table business and decided they'd offer a home model pin.

Flyer pic stolen from IPDB.ORG (Internet Pinball Database) which is an amazing resource for all things pinball.
You must be registered for see images attach

All that aside, it's outside of the group of machines I'm really interested in (mostly late 70's-mid 80's commercial machines by Williams) so I wouldn't be a player on this one. It's a neat piece of history, though!

Richard
Okay cool thanks for the information!

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I don't currently have one...I'm thinking of picking up another one but am conflicted on if it's still worth it to pick up a GMT400 and then which GMT400 to get, Suburban size or Yukon size...

Bill
So another thread is on that topic if you not going for another 400 Escalade which may be the one you already had or a new to you one? I’ve posted a few that are for sale on that Escalade thread! But if not an want a more common 400 then I’d go for a suburban without question unless you come across a crazy nice Tahoe/Yukon which in that case you’ll already know what to do lol!! But in general definitely a suburban now mind you I’m only talking about a 4x4 types no 2wd not that anything wrong with them but I prefer the look stance of 4x4 suburbans but if you live in area to not worry or use 4x4 then Tahoe Yukon for sure unless you’re going for the 2door which is never a bad bet!! I saw one yesterday super clean no rust a Yukon gt dark maroon but was dirty from the current weather up here lol but 97-99 yrs is what I’d say go for with the fender body color flares! As I mentioned before in other thread that suburbans were top of the hill big vehicle in the 400 yrs only at the very end was there Denali and Escalades but burbs had prestige in that you were spending Cadillac money on a suv/truck back then and most had older buyers parked in garages and were a status symbol and pride of living good!! That all shifted in the 800-current SUV’s trucks now that they have nameplate luxury versions. And it’s about your time and vehicle options if you do go looking and honestly it’s really nothing to do with the extra size in factoring which one to choose it’s about the quality of vehicle your going to end up with vs one your constantly putting money into vs one that actually was taken care of and stayed in 1-2 families vs several different people I know this is a bit long but I did go a lil fury in-depth on my reasoning on the vs in other thread lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't the 4x4s have a narrower rear axle? Is that the difference in stance you are referring to or is there more to it?
4WD rear axle is wider than a 2WD rear axle by several inches, BUT, is still narrower than the front. Some folks put spacers on the rear to even up the appearance. However, I suspect he means he prefers the height of the 4WD 'Burbs..

My dream C2500 'Burb ad has disappeared. It was priced too high for sure, but the truck was clean. I don't know if it sold, or they de-listed it due to lack of interest or heckling over the price. I was watching hoping they would drop it down to something reasonable.

Richard

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Don't the 4x4s have a narrower rear axle? Is that the difference in stance you are referring to or is there more to it?
More to it! Lol It’s the height and beefiness of the 4x4 burb vs 2wd they look more filled out ! Lol but like I said I live in Michigan so 4x4 is a must on such a vehicle makes no sense to not have that on a vehicle known for that but if not needed due to living we’re no snow comes then it’s a different answer from me in which Tahoe /Yukon look better in 2wd guise unless you need 3rd row seating. And if you tow yes they are better at towing. Now why do I not have a burb vs my Escalade well I already had a Cadillac STS 01 so I wanted another caddy and I was single at time not that I need the extra space and I always wanted a 400 Escalade as I always wanted that sts and it fits me my style more than a burban but not having those extra seats at times is a downer but that’s 1 of a few things a newer Escalade has plus a sunroof which honestly changes the whole feel of the vehicle nice to have open air with heat or ac or on highway without having to have windows down plus the added light and now with newer cars having huge glass roofs you can see extra lights at Xmas time or driving though “wife calls tree tunnels “ for the kids to see and on these it’s that big option not many 400’s have but back to topic lol and like mentioned they were generally taken better care of vs the ladder. People who had a burb were more well off than to afford such a big vehicle times weren’t like they are now over flowing with SUV’s you need take yourself back in time and see how they were viewed as 800-current gens have gone down market due to Denali Escalades taking the top spots of gm food chain in truck suv line up.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
4WD rear axle is wider than a 2WD rear axle by several inches, BUT, is still narrower than the front. Some folks put spacers on the rear to even up the appearance. However, I suspect he means he prefers the height of the 4WD 'Burbs..

My dream C2500 'Burb ad has disappeared. It was priced too high for sure, but the truck was clean. I don't know if it sold, or they de-listed it due to lack of interest or heckling over the price. I was watching hoping they would drop it down to something reasonable.

Richard
Why not take another shot at it unless they or you are way apart? You save posting Or location ? Things may have changed or realize that your they best bet of actually selling it ? You have pics $$$ amounts of they’res vs yours?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny thing is though, in photos at least, the 4x4s always look to have narrower axles than the 2WDs and I've just measured my C2500 and the rear axle isn't narrower than the front, if anything it is a touch (1/2'') wider and it doesn't have spacers.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Funny thing is though, in photos at least, the 4x4s always look to have narrower axles than the 2WDs and I've just measured my C2500 and the rear axle isn't narrower than the front, if anything it is a touch (1/2'') wider and it doesn't have spacers.
The 4WD front track is really wide, making it easily obvious the rear is narrower. However, that 4WD rear is still wider than a 2WD rear of the same model. Don't have the figures handy but pretty sure you can trust me on this one. ;)

Richard