Any Advantage to a Suburban over a Tahoe/Yukon???...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silversport

Reaction score
I've been looking and I see each...beyond the obvious extra size and third row of a Suburban are there any advantages in buying one or the other of the 1999 vintage?...5.7 L31s and equally outfitted (LT/SLT)

Thanks for any help or experience you care to share...

Bill

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking and I see each...beyond the obvious extra size and third row of a Suburban are there any advantages in buying one or the other of the 1999 vintage?...5.7 L31s and equally outfitted (LT/SLT)

Thanks for any help or experience you care to share...

Bill
Well besides the room and extra length for a smoother ride imo, they gave you better mpg compared to the same year tahoe. I heard it's because of the length of the roof or something with aerodynamics//The range is longer and the fuel tank is bigger. That's a plus or minus depending how you feel. You get rear ac and heating compared to a tahoe that just shares the temp of the front drivers setting. Suburban rear door window rows all the way down compared to a tahoe that like half way... Last I like my spare being on the inside compared to underneath. Everything else is essentially the same. 5.7 , c1500, k1500, tires, brakes, rearend, towing , and both can carry luggage on roof.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Random thoughts...

From the ones I've seen in the treasure yards, I'm left with the impression the Tahoes commonly got the 10" rear drums and the Suburbans (always?) got 11" drums. (I could be very wrong, here, @SUBURBAN5)

For some reason I'm thinking the L31 Tahoes typically got 3.73 gears and L31 Suburbans got 3.42. Others may comment (as @SUBURBAN5 did prior). Otherwise, it's something to look for.

On the Suburban it's easier IMHO to get in and out of the back seat w/o the intrusion of the rear wheel well into the leg area.

The Suburban's 8" bed comes in handy.

Last edited:

bigshane

Reaction score
Rear windows that roll all the way down. Back seat passengers appreciate my burb way more than my Tahoe when we're out in nature, plus the dog gets his "Fabio" vibe going with the wind in his chest hair.
You must be registered for see images attach