***** Any 2" / 4" lowers trucks out there???? ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My ‘88 back in 2012 with Belltech 2” drop spindles, 2” hangers and 2” shackles. Ran 275/60R15’s all the way around on rally wheels. Lower control arms trimmed for wheel clearance. Had an empty 7x14’ aluminum enclosed trailer hooked to it in pic so it was sitting about 1 inch lower in the rear.

Attachments

• 4790F520-F4EA-4965-B25F-15BC10007A0E.jpeg
    4790F520-F4EA-4965-B25F-15BC10007A0E.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 33

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are yall upgrading rear shock on the 2/4 or running stock shocks
At the time I lowered it I measured the stroke of the standard parts store shocks that were on it and they had enough travel to not bottom out. I even pulled a 7x14’ enclosed aluminum trailer behind for many miles with no problems. Upper and lower mounts were never damaged from bottoming out. However during my current build I am using the BellTech Street Performance shocks that I had laying on the shelf but never put them on when I was using the truck.

I had BellTech shocks on a lowered 95 Dodge and they’re great for lowered trucks. They perform better than stock ones and are a great finishing touch. That being said, these may be replaced for double adjustable units if I need to fine tune the suspension for better traction at launch. Please excuse my country ass mock up of the 3” exhaust lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Are yall upgrading rear shock on the 2/4 or running stock shocks
On a 4" drop, stock length rear shocks will work the 2" extenders.
Otherwise, a 4" shorter shock is recommended.

2" drop = stock length shocks.
4" drop = stock length with extenders or a 4" shorter shock.
6" drop = 4" shorter shocks + extenders & upper shock mount relocation kit.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine ia a 93 Silverado 2" drop spindles and 4" hanger/brakets in the rear, fenders stock, running 275x60x15 on 15x8 American racing wheels. Haven't had any front end problems rides nice . I got it from a dealer with 40k in 97 and now has 172k

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
At the time I lowered it I measured the stroke of the standard parts store shocks that were on it and they had enough travel to not bottom out. I even pulled a 7x14’ enclosed aluminum trailer behind for many miles with no problems. Upper and lower mounts were never damaged from bottoming out. However during my current build I am using the BellTech Street Performance shocks that I had laying on the shelf but never put them on when I was using the truck.

I had BellTech shocks on a lowered 95 Dodge and they’re great for lowered trucks. They perform better than stock ones and are a great finishing touch. That being said, these may be replaced for double adjustable units if I need to fine tune the suspension for better traction at launch. Please excuse my country ass mock up of the 3” exhaust lol.
That's pretty much what the exhaust looks like on Rawhide. I haven't seen any information online (on Rock Auto anyway) on exhaust parts or layout for the CCLB. It's like, to them, the 168.5" wheelbase doesn't exist. The pipes on my truck are all 2 1/2" instead of 3", but the mufflers look similar to the ones you have. It's loud with no tailpipes and holes in the mufflers, but I have a pair of the Corvair style turbo muffler,2 1/2" inlet and outlet, and I think I'm going to use them with some extra pipe ( the 'Vair units are shorter) once I get electricity back in my shop. My sawzall will make short work of the old exhaust (it's all welded together and it's cheaper for me to use mufflers I have and buy pipe and clamps, than take it to an exhaust shop).
Sorry for the thread detour....

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's pretty much what the exhaust looks like on Rawhide. I haven't seen any information online (on Rock Auto anyway) on exhaust parts or layout for the CCLB. It's like, to them, the 168.5" wheelbase doesn't exist. The pipes on my truck are all 2 1/2" instead of 3", but the mufflers look similar to the ones you have. It's loud with no tailpipes and holes in the mufflers, but I have a pair of the Corvair style turbo muffler,2 1/2" inlet and outlet, and I think I'm going to use them with some extra pipe ( the 'Vair units are shorter) once I get electricity back in my shop. My sawzall will make short work of the old exhaust (it's all welded together and it's cheaper for me to use mufflers I have and buy pipe and clamps, than take it to an exhaust shop).
Sorry for the thread detour....
This is the Speed Engineering 3” stainless tailpipes-WITHOUT their mufflers for ‘99-2013 GM RCSB that I watched on their scratch n dent sale list that were missing mufflers they couldn’t sell as “new”. PN 25-1008 New with mufflers it’s $325.00 once they were marked down to $179 I jumped on them.

I’m adding a crossmember anyway just ahead of axle right where they need a hanger dropped down so it will be easy to mount. Dynomax mufflers I got as a deal a friend worked at Tenneco (owns Dynomax) Ultraflow 409 stainless offset in/out. Modified the OE hanger at back of cab and the dual “clamps” at front of mufflers have a stud that slips into OE rubber and will modify hanger at tailpipe exit. All fits like it’s made for this ‘88 and mufflers tuck up real nice. Will shorten the tip sections to keep ‘em tucked tight to tire in stock exit location. They have nice looking 4” tips.

Headers back will be their LS setup when funds allow. Will be tig welded with V-bands on part that crosses over. I posted YouTube videos in exhaust section of the setup a guy did, also where I found cool trans cross member that keeps it all above frame and away from floors. I’ll post this in exhaust section as well.