***** Any 2" / 4" lowers trucks out there???? ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James2406

Reaction score
2/4 Belltech kit
15x8 (fairly sure lol)
275/60r15
Rides fairly good - a little softish but was perfectly capable with a 1500lb payload of pavers a few weeks ago.

You must be registered for see images attach
2020-07-15_08-05-00 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr
Old reply but had to say, this is a prime example of my issue with this BellTech 2/4 kit I just ordered, this truck looks lower than most posted here. Some hive seen look taller than that average, what's the deal with all this variation??

Anyway I hope mine looks this low. Debating on sending the 2/4 back if it won't look like this. I think this is a 3/5 drop, not a 2/4 unless the photo is at a perfect angle.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old reply but had to say, this is a prime example of my issue with this BellTech 2/4 kit I just ordered, this truck looks lower than most posted here. Some hive seen look taller than that average, what's the deal with all this variation??

Anyway I hope mine looks this low. Debating on sending the 2/4 back if it won't look like this. I think this is a 3/5 drop, not a 2/4 unless the photo is at a perfect angle.
Tire size is the key to making it look low, you gotta stuff as much tire in the wheel well as you can to give it the illusion of being lower than it is. Old heads like me will call it "radiusing the arches" new jack tuner kids call it "fitment, flush, stance" or some such nonsense.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get that quite a bit - looks lower than it should be but that's the kit utilized. As mentioned above, tire size def factors into the look.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 2/4 in progress. The front is too low because we got the react 2" drop spindles thinking ridetech coilovers didn't add a minimum drop.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
...truck looks lower than most posted here. Some I've seen look taller than that average, what's the deal with all this variation??

I've got 4 different sets of tires & wheels with a 5x5 pattern.
15" sq.bdy 8"w. Rallyes. 295/50's. 26.6" tall
15" Sport wheels. 275/60's. 28" tall.
17" Impala SS wheels. 275/55's. Same height as the original 235/75-15's. 28.9".
20" with 255/45 & 295/40. 29.1" & 29.3".

Each size gave a different look to the truck.
When getting out of it the first few times after swapping from the 20's to the 295's, I'd almost put my knee into my chin, expecting the ground to be a lot further away than it actually was.
Could seat-of-the-pants feel the lower center of gravity in the corners.

Never did get a pic of it on the 295/rallyes.

It looked a lot lower on the these...

...than it did on these.

IMO, 20's are too tall for a 2/4 drop.
Almost bordering on Donk-ish.

or some such nonsense.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I think this is a 3/5 drop.
A 5" rear drop needs a mini-notch. Maybe a cross-member notch as well.
An axle flip, (instant 6" drop) only to be raised back up an inch. 6 steps forward, one step back!
A 6" drop is the same amount of work as a 5" drop. Actually more if fabbing the mini-notch as opposed to buying a pre-made notch. Which are made for a 6" drop anyhow.
Might as well do a straight-up (down?) 6" drop & be done
Because you know...you will be going to a 4/6 sooner rather than later.
Just like everybody else that's ever done a 2/4.