Anti theft steering column

Discussion in 'OEM and Custom Interiors' started by Matt7535, Sep 12, 2020.

1. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

All this talking about armor makes me think, it's too bad we cant armor our trucks like this lol....
    Then again it also shows you if somebody really wants to get in they can... freakin penguin...

unnamed (2).jpg

thegawd, mars2878 and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  2. Sportbike23

Sportbike23 Newbie

I needed to replace my fuel lines so I just made AN lines. Was thinking about adding something like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI5da6otXs6wIVchitBh1IVwePEAQYASABEgLL-fD_BwE

Figured you can still hear the fuel pump run and build up pressure like normal but it'll only run for a couple seconds, would confuse me if I were trying to steal it.

Anyways, For alarms: I installed the Compustar CM7000. Was $70 or so on Ebay a year ago when I got it. Remotes can be expensive though. I also buy an extra siren so I have one for the engine compartment and one for the cab.

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  3. HotWheelsBurban

HotWheelsBurban Burbs are great!

Sounds like an aftermarket version of passlock. That frustrated the #@$* outta me last year! Especially when people need to get to work and the truck won't stay running!

SUBURBAN5 likes this.
  4. scottywiley

scottywiley OBS Enthusiast

Well, I have a pretty effective anti theft device built in. 5 speed Manual. LOL

5. someotherguy

someotherguy I'm Awesome

While I agree they were amateurs, because it's so easy to break those columns and get away with it quickly that I'm surprised his truck was still there..

Your statement confuses me, because the pictured column on a '93 which is the same basic column design from Saginaw ever since GM moved the key switch from the dashboard to the column way back in the late 60's.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban likes this.