Anti theft steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt7535

Reaction score
So I came out to a shattered steering column this morning after someone tried to steal my 93 k1500 from in front of my house. Does anyone know of where I can get a metal shield that wraps around the column to prevent access to the column? Sorry if this isn't the right category, any help would be great as I am having no luck finding one

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I came out to a shattered steering column this morning after someone tried to steal my 93 k1500 from in front of my house. Does anyone know of where I can get a metal shield that wraps around the column to prevent access to the column? Sorry if this isn't the right category, any help would be great as I am having no luck finding one

You must be registered for see images attach

Best bet Ebay or junk yard. Also got an alarm??

Matt7535

Reaction score
I know they used to put metal collars on the steering column of cars of that era totto prevent this kindwkind of attack and I know they make them for other vehicles still, but havent found one that fits my truck. I'm looking for an armored collar like the one here: https://louisville-police.org/400/Anti-Theft-Devices something that would serve as a visual deterant as opposed to something that stops them after they have already shattered the column, pulling fuses or relays isn't realistic for daily use.
Also can you recommend a good alarm?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know they used to put metal collars on the steering column of cars of that era totto prevent this kindwkind of attack and I know they make them for other vehicles still, but havent found one that fits my truck. I'm looking for an armored collar like the one here: https://louisville-police.org/400/Anti-Theft-Devices something that would serve as a visual deterant as opposed to something that stops them after they have already shattered the column, pulling fuses or relays isn't realistic for daily use.
Also can you recommend a good alarm?

I'm sure people don't like it. So I would really want everybody to chime in on this opinion. Personally only aftermarket alarm I looked into was the Viper one. My truck however came with an alarm from the factory. Right now I'm still using the factory alarm. Reason why I like the Viper system is because it can send notifications to your phone. And that's really good if you're indoors and somebody decides to sneak up on your truck. If I picked an alarm system it would be something that's really smart that would notify me via message on my phone or something that is really dependable

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard-Steel is the collar you're thinking of. I bought a couple a looooong time ago. They fit and look OK and nobody stole the vehicles I had them on, but on the other hand I have seen stolen vehicles that had these collars and the thieves just tore through them. So they're pretty much like most "anti-theft" products - they'll just slow them down a little.

Classic has 'em now - https://www.classicindustries.com/product/14068.html

Richard

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score