Another Transfer Case problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo W Peck

Reaction score
I have a '97 Z71 Silverado that has quit shifting into 4WD subsequent to a complete engine/transmission replacement. The transfer case was not replaced in this swap. Currently, I have no lights showing on the new 4WD switch panel in the dash. The vehicle has a new TCCM, a new front actuator as well. There is voltage at the fuses and they are all good. I have checked connections at the transfer case and front actuator, and they are all good. My question now, and I ask hoping someone can help me noodle through this: If the Transfer Case Motor goes bad, can this interrupt the power circuits in the system, making it go dead? I've fired "the parts cannon" about as much as I can. If replacing the Transfer Case Motor would fix the problem, I'd fire it again. Otherwise: Where might I look in the wiring harness to see whether there is a broken wire between the fuse panel and the 4WD switch? Thanks in advance for an assist!

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go through and check all your wiring, from the switch all the way down to the tail shaft vss. If you see any ground wires loose or torn, fix them, these truck are notorious for acting stupid if a ground is not connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk