Another Transfer Case problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo W Peck

Reaction score
I have a '97 Z71 Silverado that has quit shifting into 4WD subsequent to a complete engine/transmission replacement. The transfer case was not replaced in this swap. Currently, I have no lights showing on the new 4WD switch panel in the dash. The vehicle has a new TCCM, a new front actuator as well. There is voltage at the fuses and they are all good. I have checked connections at the transfer case and front actuator, and they are all good. My question now, and I ask hoping someone can help me noodle through this: If the Transfer Case Motor goes bad, can this interrupt the power circuits in the system, making it go dead? I've fired "the parts cannon" about as much as I can. If replacing the Transfer Case Motor would fix the problem, I'd fire it again. Otherwise: Where might I look in the wiring harness to see whether there is a broken wire between the fuse panel and the 4WD switch? Thanks in advance for an assist!