Another one! K2500 Suburban build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a T-50 or T-55 torx is all. That carpet is foul!!

The silver box might be an air bag module. Google the numbers on it and you should find something about it.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i cut a section of the carpet out that was protected and matched it up with the carpet in my 99. Ive been doing research and have seen that there seems to be 2 carpet colors (besides blue and red) that there is?
You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Choices would have been gray, neutral, blue and red. The interior color code is on the RPO label in the glovebox...

Stockinteriors.com will send you free carpet samples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I must have skipped over that code the other day. Originally thought that neutral was another shade of gray however by looking up the code I have it. I guess they didn't want to call it tan or something like that. Just sent out the request for the samples. :)

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the last remaining seat out today, along with the rest of the carpet.

Also picked up a clean front bumper which i'll throw on perhaps tomorrow.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Nice find! Are you going to throw the brush guard back on at all? I think it adds character, plus it will save the front end of a deer ever runs out.

As for the carpet, I’m sure the pictures make it look better than it is. But.....have you ever thought about a hot water extractor to clean it? Would save you some money.

Looking forward to see this progress!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice find! Are you going to throw the brush guard back on at all? I think it adds character, plus it will save the front end of a deer ever runs out.

As for the carpet, I’m sure the pictures make it look better than it is. But.....have you ever thought about a hot water extractor to clean it? Would save you some money.

Looking forward to see this progress!

Thanks! Most likely yes, I have it on the side of my garage. However the bottom of it is rotted out pretty good. I could sand and por-15 it, hopefully that would stop the rot. As for the carpet, it is ripped and has like a black mold or some **** in some sections, so I am most likely going to toss it.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now would be the perfect time to add an access panel for the fuel pump. I added a wright up on it to my build thread for the measurements if you're interested.