Another one! K2500 Suburban build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks better without the running boards. Did the 3/4 tons come with the lower air dam or valence thing under the bumper?

I can’t read the side emblem (SLE or SLT) but those leather covers look like aftermarket replacements. They kind of look loose, so either they didn’t do a very good job with the hog rings and Velcro or they put them over factory cloth seats. It kind of looks like cloth peeking out of the side bolster hole on the driver side photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The interior on the other hand has seen better days. I'm gonna see if i can clean the seats. They are in good shape except for the drivers side. The carpet is too far gone to be saved so i will take it out and buy a new one

You must be registered for see images attach
I bought a '97 ECLB from a rancher a few years ago. The carpet was unrecognizable as carpet. I thought it actually had vinyl floors. When I pulled it out and realized it was carpet, I attacked it with a heated pressure washer and it came out looking like almost new carpet. I was amazed. The seats were vastly improves with the same treatment. It did take several days in a heated shop to dry it all out.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks better without the running boards. Did the 3/4 tons come with the lower air dam or valence thing under the bumper?

I can’t read the side emblem (SLE or SLT) but those leather covers look like aftermarket replacements. They kind of look loose, so either they didn’t do a very good job with the hog rings and Velcro or they put them over factory cloth seats. It kind of looks like cloth peeking out of the side bolster hole on the driver side photo.

There wasn't one on mine unless it was taken off for the brush guard. And about the seats they do look a little odd. I just went out and checked and it indeed is cloth, but the cloth must have been really ripped up because I did not see any more. Cloth on passenger side arm rest too underneath so that brings me to my conclusion...lol. Good eye man! I would have never noticed.

Last edited:

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also saw that I have one of those rare (or at least seems to be) under hood storage boxes where a 2nd battery would go...its pretty cool!

Also been looking up some of the RPO codes:

AJ1 T R WINDOW TINTED DEEP ALL EXCEPT W/S AND DRS 910404 E T E A

F60 Special Heavy Duty Front Suspension

G80 AXLE POSITRACTION LIMITED SLIP

JAN PLT R PLANT CODE JANESVILLE WI USA

KNP COOLING SYSTEM TRANS HD

K05 Engine Block Heater

NZZ SALES PACKAGE SKID PLATE "OFF ROAD" SPOT 980623 E T E A

V10 COLD CLIMATE PACKAGE

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love me a 454 Burb, I like the color combo too! I think it'd look great with PY0s and some meaty 33s or something; I've missed out on quite a few deals on FB Marketplace, like @east302 said, it's like crack.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Threw a new battery in this morning and to my surprise she was able to limp up the driveway to turn around then back down into the garage.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Plans are to start tearing down the interior and getting it ready for new carpet. There is mold in some spots. Yucky ****.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tried driving it to see how or if it shifts?

That radiator neck is jacked up, you got to wonder what some people were thinking, lol.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" lift with 33's? What was used for the lift? I like the height, it's a good mix. On my '97 1500 I added a 3" block to the rear and just cranked on the torsion bars a bit in front. I was able to squeeze in 35's but it didn't have the fender flares.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" lift with 33's? What was used for the lift? I like the height, it's a good mix. On my '97 1500 I added a 3" block to the rear and just cranked on the torsion bars a bit in front. I was able to squeeze in 35's but it didn't have the fender flares.
There are blocks in the rear but i havent looked at the front yet. He could have cranked the torsion bars for all I know.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started removing the seats today. I need to find that special bit to take out the bolts in the last picture. Does anyone know what that silver box is that was under the seats?