Another newbie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kell

Reaction score
I was thinking how messed up covid made things and was like oh god that’s a long time lmao
LOL you've successfully jedi'd me thankful LOL. The more I think about it a month and a half is nothing really especially when you think about it being made to order. It's been a week since the order so that's another plus.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two 10 gallons and I'm running 3 450's and have a forth as a backup. I agree no more is needed and worry more about wiring now then the time it taks to fill them. Moving to a level-ride system and I hear it's sensitive to voltage (if it's not one thing it's always the other LOL)
I'd get rid of the 450's and go with a pair of 444's, 480's or 485's. Higher working pressure, higher pressure at 100% duty cycle, and lower amperage. Here's a link to Viair's comparison chart.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine wired through a key-on hot master switch and pressure switch on the ground side. Key on/switch on the compressors run once tank pressure drops below 145 psi and stop once it hits 175.

Kell

Reaction score
I'd get rid of the 450's and go with a pair of 444's, 480's or 485's. Higher working pressure, higher pressure at 100% duty cycle, and lower amperage. Here's a link to Viair's comparison chart.
Thanks I'll look into this.

Kell

Reaction score
I have mine wired through a key-on hot master switch and pressure switch on the ground side. Key on/switch on the compressors run once tank pressure drops below 145 psi and stop once it hits 175.
Yeah, I'm wired that way as well the issue I may run into is the draw from the main battery due to cable length per the guy who created level-ride. I have a second battery at the bed so it may be a simple change but there's also the potential issue of running it switched and not direct/parallel

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm wired that way as well the issue I may run into is the draw from the main battery due to cable length per the guy who created level-ride. I have a second battery at the bed so it may be a simple change but there's also the potential issue of running it switched and not direct/parallel
What gauge wire are you using?