Another header post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t run shorter non-resistor plugs as Holley system requires the resistors and it’s just good sense.
These are resistor.

I use DEI products from their wire loom to heat shielding products if needed so very familiar with what you describe.
I did too but, with angled plugs I even had to wrap the header too. The DEI boots weren't enough and burned through.

This is with the 416S plugs and new boots from Brand X.
You must be registered for see images attach

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought I read here somewhere that the Accel plugs weren’t very good or or didn’t perform well. I ran them in my model A roadster years and years ago, regular length and thought they were ok but it’s basically stock engine.

This engine is nothing too wild only 450 HP 10:1 compression with a 1500-6500 rpm hydraulic roller.

I appreciate the info I will probably give them a try!

Busted Knuckle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. 1995 c2500 tbi5.7 nv4500 trans.
Looking for headers to replace a cracked exhaust manifold. Will be doing full exhaust.
Looking for a deep rumble. I don't want something that sounds like a crowd of super bowl fans clapping.
Should I go mid length? Shorties? Long tube?
Decent muffler to go with these headers?
Maybe 3 inch pipes? Bigger? Smaller?
I just want a something that sounds good and deep at idle, along with sounding good shifting a manual.
Anything else to add please add. I want my exhaust to be done CORRECTLY.
The truck will not have a converter after this. I'm not wasting money on a converter because there are no inspections and it'll probably end up stolen anyways
A true dual system should be 2.5". 3" won't help. I use Magnaflow stainless mufflers. Endless debate on X pipe but I don't think its needed on this use case.
"Most of our techs agree that a street application 350 will benefit well from a header with 1 1/2" to 1 5/8" diameter primary tubes and 2 1/2 or 3 inch collectors." Speedway Motors

warrior

Reaction score
Hey guys. 1995 c2500 tbi5.7 nv4500 trans.
Looking for headers to replace a cracked exhaust manifold. Will be doing full exhaust.
Looking for a deep rumble. I don't want something that sounds like a crowd of super bowl fans clapping.
Should I go mid length? Shorties? Long tube?
Decent muffler to go with these headers?
Maybe 3 inch pipes? Bigger? Smaller?
I just want a something that sounds good and deep at idle, along with sounding good shifting a manual.
Anything else to add please add. I want my exhaust to be done CORRECTLY.
The truck will not have a converter after this. I'm not wasting money on a converter because there are no inspections and it'll probably end up stolen anyways
Try DNA motors