Another door lock question, need help! ('95 C1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaST

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a '95 C1500 5.7 and I've been having intermittent power door lock issues. The other day I only heard the relay clicking so I checked my battery and it was only around 12.2 volts. I charged it for a few hours and all was fine after that.

Today, I bought a new battery to replace the old and now my power locks don't work again. All I hear is a relay clicking when I hit the door lock switch on the driver's side door. Maybe the truck needs some time to reset? Maybe the new battery is a bit low?

Any ideas?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Sounds more like either the motors are getting weak or the circuit breaker is starting to quit. My doors will lock and unlock down to about 8 volts, ask me how I know that one lol

FloridaST

Reaction score
Sounds more like either the motors are getting weak or the circuit breaker is starting to quit. My doors will lock and unlock down to about 8 volts, ask me how I know that one lol

Could be, I'm sure they're the originals. I'll see if any of the wires are broken in the door pass through but otherwise, I'll just start replacing parts starting with the breakers - they're old anyway.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another consideration is how dirty are the mechanisms? I thought I needed new cylinders in my locks. Dismantled the doors and thoroughly cleaned EVERYTHING, door locks, door latches, window mechanisms, greased stuff and now my doors work like, well, new........

FloridaST

Reaction score
Another consideration is how dirty are the mechanisms? I thought I needed new cylinders in my locks. Dismantled the doors and thoroughly cleaned EVERYTHING, door locks, door latches, window mechanisms, greased stuff and now my doors work like, well, new........

Well prior to the battery change, they were working. That same day, I changed the battery and then, no worky. I'm sure everything could use a good scrubbing though.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most relays GM uses will function down to 9 volts. Most likely not below that. So the battery is not the prob. Door lock solenoids get tired wear out, start with test light. Door switch lock/ unlock gets alot of cycles. You hear relay click start chasing power down to where it stops.