Another auxiliary cooler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 4l80e does have a auxiliary cooler from the factory. It is still in the stock location but I removed the AC coil. So there is a gap between it and the Radiator. Do I need to mount it back against the radiator to make sure the fan pulls air through it?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see the factory setup on a truck that got no A/C and an AUX trans cooler from the factory, but I can't imagine they changed anything about the mounting brackets from the trucks that had A/C. I'm sure you'll be fine running it as-is.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 4l80e does have a auxiliary cooler from the factory. It is still in the stock location but I removed the AC coil. So there is a gap between it and the Radiator. Do I need to mount it back against the radiator to make sure the fan pulls air through it?

I did the same as you (removed AC) and left the trans cooler where it was. Ditto the fan in front of the AC rad. My thinking is that with the AC rad gone, the other rads have an easier time getting air - ie, the AC rad was impeding the engine driven fan's effort to draw air through the trans and PS coolers.