Am I looking for a unicorn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am looking for a unicorn! lol It would be a unique combination that came this way from the factory. I know they would be super rare "if" they existed at all.

Does anyone know if they do exist or how to tell if they exist maybe based off the vin numbers? Maybe how many where made?

I am looking for a 1996 to 1999, Crew cab, diesel, manual transmission, 4x4, and not dully.

Thanks!

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You can also build your own if you find a good body and frame that also already has a few components that you want (swap in a manual trans for example if it has everything else on your list). Any reason for the 6.5 Diesel? The 454 is stronger, better towing and more desirable in the re-sale market.

WV_Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason I'd want the diesel is so I can swap in a better diesel (duramax or cummins) and still pass inspection. I can't take a factory gasser and convert to diesel unless I want to run antique tags which limits me to weekends and holidays.

Reaction score
You can also build your own if you find a good body and frame that also already has a few components that you want (swap in a manual trans for example if it has everything else on your list). Any reason for the 6.5 Diesel? The 454 is stronger, better towing and more desirable in the re-sale market.
I was thinking about that. I found a dully that has 115K miles, very clean. I was thinking about converting it.

Reaction score
Never had a chevy diesel, wanted to give it a try. :) I know that is nuts, I have read all about the 6.5! lol