Am I looking for a unicorn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I get back on my feet and get my truck on the road again, I'll be looking for a clean southern donor to swap my parts over onto. That's where my bed came from.
I'm trying to get my brother to buy something from down here, he moved back to Iowa and wants to get into another OBS, but a rust free truck up there is almost triple a rust free truck down here!
That blue crew cab is what I want next, though it’s not going to happen. I’ve got a red RCLB, white ECLB, so a blue CCLB would round out the fleet of patriotic long beds.
I mulled around the idea of selling my 6.5 to my buddy and taking the money to buy that truck; but I enjoy the novelty of owning a 6.5 truck, plus with all the time and effort in this truck it's a keeper.
I may have to get some zip codes for down there as fb only gives you a 500 mile radius and these trucks are starting to get hard to come by
It's kind of weird, when I punch in my zip I don't get a lot of hits for good trucks, so I punch in the next town over and hit gold every time. That zip is 28138.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my brother to buy something from down here, he moved back to Iowa and wants to get into another OBS, but a rust free truck up there is almost triple a rust free truck down here!

I mulled around the idea of selling my 6.5 to my buddy and taking the money to buy that truck; but I enjoy the novelty of owning a 6.5 truck, plus with all the time and effort in this truck it's a keeper.

It's kind of weird, when I punch in my zip I don't get a lot of hits for good trucks, so I punch in the next town over and hit gold every time. That zip is 28138.
I would readily take a train down yonder way and drive a truck back that suits my needs. I'll just let that hover around the little bucket list I have formulating.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would readily take a train down yonder way and drive a truck back that suits my needs. I'll just let that hover around the little bucket list I have formulating.
I've thought the same thing about buying a truck or two from out west, I've got two trucks saved listed out in Cali I've been drooling over for a while now

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I've thought the same thing about buying a truck or two from out west, I've got two trucks saved listed out in Cali I've been drooling over for a while now
Before I found my '98, I had a deal working toward getting a loaded 6.2 '90 K5 with a Banks kit. The truck still had crayon marks on the frame, it was that flawless. I couldn't secure the financing in time to buy it. In 2016 it was worth every bit of the $10K to me. It was in TX..Now I see them for 20K plus.