Am I looking for a unicorn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy, fellow 'not in NYC' New Yorker...I was going over my truck yesterday and now see how far into rust and rot she has fallen over the last three years. When I got her in early '16, she was absolutely sound. I'm quite upset as to what I'll have to do in the near future. I've been in survival mode since the plandemic hit, and the truck never reached the 'triage' list. I agree with everything you've stated.
5 years is impossible here to not have rust holes. I’m now try kbs to see if that will hold up against the crap that is put on the roads here. The state needs to go back to sand and say it’s your liability if you drive on bad roads and crash instead of paying up. If they were back to sand everything would last soooooo much longer

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The state needs to go back to sand and say it’s your liability if you drive on bad roads and crash instead of paying up. If they were back to sand everything would last soooooo much longer

The town of Webster, just to to the east of me, has a bunch of road signs.

"Sensible salting means sensible driving"

In today's cancel culture I can't say how long till they're sued for victim shaming, racism, or any other nonsense stemming from expecting people to be accountable for their own actions.

I respect Websters boldness.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scored a relatively clean 95 last year. It needs doors and has minor bubbling on the extended cab part. I was thrilled to find one so clean. It makes for a great driver that I’m not always worried about. I keep it clean and will be repairing it in the future, but it won’t be a show truck. I’m fine a truck being in a middle ground between mint and rockers/cab corners being gone for a nice truck. Unless it’s a work truck, then I’m a little less picky.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As someone who lived in the rust belt and moved south before I learned/was old enough to drive I quickly appreciated the fact rust isn't a big deal down here compared to back in Iowa. Ironically enough my 96 was sold brand new in Pennsylvania and made it's way to Florida before winding up in NC; my 2000 K3500 was sold new in Texas and wound up in VA before coming to NC; if you have the resources I highly recommend looking south for a truck. A quick browsing on Marketplace in my general local turns up a few SRW K3500s between VA/NC/SC/GA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-051822.png
    Screenshot_20230217-051822.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230217-051920.png
    Screenshot_20230217-051920.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230217-051941.png
    Screenshot_20230217-051941.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
As someone who lived in the rust belt and moved south before I learned/was old enough to drive I quickly appreciated the fact rust isn't a big deal down here compared to back in Iowa. Ironically enough my 96 was sold brand new in Pennsylvania and made it's way to Florida before winding up in NC; my 2000 K3500 was sold new in Texas and wound up in VA before coming to NC; if you have the resources I highly recommend looking south for a truck. A quick browsing on Marketplace in my general local turns up a few SRW K3500s between VA/NC/SC/GA.
When I get back on my feet and get my truck on the road again, I'll be looking for a clean southern donor to swap my parts over onto. That's where my bed came from.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That blue crew cab is what I want next, though it’s not going to happen. I’ve got a red RCLB, white ECLB, so a blue CCLB would round out the fleet of patriotic long beds.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have to get some zip codes for down there as fb only gives you a 500 mile radius and these trucks are starting to get hard to come by

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The town of Webster, just to to the east of me, has a bunch of road signs.

"Sensible salting means sensible driving"

In today's cancel culture I can't say how long till they're sued for victim shaming, racism, or any other nonsense stemming from expecting people to be accountable for their own actions.

I respect Websters boldness.
It’s certainly ********. And with the equity crap I don’t think things will ever go the other way. It’s going to take a lot to change it