Am I crank to high? Trouble fitting front shocks .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chicano_Z71

Reaction score
Need help with angles on my truck. Im a noob to this, having trouble with UCA and shock hitting. I bought the truck with a crank and i forgot to ask original owner how much was cranked to. Anyway he gave me some tuff country shocks needless pita to put in and this happened.

You must be registered for see images attach

It has stock bilstein still good justed wanted match with rear shocks. Here are my angles, i forgot to my passenger sway bar link pita to do.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
T looks like too much crank. I cant remember what causes the shocks to rub like that I have seen it before. My guess is its cranked too high and you will destroy the front end in no time. I know from experience. Probably looks great but you will pay later

Chicano_Z71

Reaction score
T looks like too much crank. I cant remember what causes the shocks to rub like that I have seen it before. My guess is its cranked too high and you will destroy the front end in no time. I know from experience. Probably looks great but you will pay later
Im already am haha idler arm and pitman have slack now i dont really know how to fool the torsion bars. And kinda neverous to touch it.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
There is a block in the key that the bolt threads into and turns the key more and more the tighter you turn the bolt. You can safely de-crank the keys with an 18mm deep socket If I remember right. Just make sure you do not decrank past the point of the end of the threads on the bolt going into the block. They sell a special tool for removing the bolt all the way which holds the key in place and prevents any injuries.

Chicano_Z71

Reaction score
Here's how my z sits