Alternative for Sh*tty Ebay Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have positive experience/where to buy good quality tow mirrors?

I upgraded my power mirrors to some power tow mirrors off Ebay and they suck hard. I tought I got a good deal because they were on a 20% ebay discount. The angle is off on them so the passernger side is more angled, the drivers side doesn't line up, and they shake more than I like!

Ugh.

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you install the angle brace bracket? You can re position the mirror glass lenses...pull or push (carefully) till you hear a clicking sound..that’s the stud being repositioned on the gear motors (there are two)

All that said..my passenger shakes more than I’d like, and I’ve tightened both the mounting studs and the outer hinge bolts.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im on year 4 of my ebay mirrors. No issues at all. They fit perfect.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you install the angle brace bracket? You can re position the mirror glass lenses...pull or push (carefully) till you hear a clicking sound..that’s the stud being repositioned on the gear motors (there are two)

All that said..my passenger shakes more than I’d like, and I’ve tightened both the mounting studs and the outer hinge bolts.

Yes I installed them. The right was actually the left and vice versa. For re-positioning the mirror glass, are you talking about actually pushing the glass or the hinge? The issue is the hinge on the passenger side has more of an angle. Actually, I probably need to adjust the mirror as well because even with the power adjust I can't get it quite right. I have more of a blind spot than my regular ones.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I installed them. The right was actually the left and vice versa. For re-positioning the mirror glass, are you talking about actually pushing the glass or the hinge? The issue is the hinge on the passenger side has more of an angle. Actually, I probably need to adjust the mirror as well because even with the power adjust I can't get it quite right. I have more of a blind spot than my regular ones.

The plastic threaded studs that are in the motor assemble have some adjustment. I had to tweak mine to get to a happy viewing angle. Then I can use the electric motors to fine tune. If you completely remove the lense you’ll see what I mean. My angle brackets were also labeled backwards for whatever reason.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The plastic threaded studs that are in the motor assemble have some adjustment. I had to tweak mine to get to a happy viewing angle. Then I can use the electric motors to fine tune. If you completely remove the lense you’ll see what I mean. My angle brackets were also labeled backwards for whatever reason.

Ahh, thanks! I'll try that tomorrow. And way to show off your truck! Putting mine to shame!

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I had it with these mirrors. I couldn't get them to adjust and they were just annoying me now that I have MORE of a blind spot. Damn Chinese company said they would refund me $3! Ha, back they go. Check this crap out:

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
My luck with ebay mirrors has been iffy, I spent like $110 on tow mirrors for my dodge and they have been fairly okay, they vibrate enough when they are up to reposition the glass, bought a set of 95+ mirrors for a truck as a pair and when they arrived each side was from a different company but those held up so far.

But the fact the partial refund is $3!! Kind of ridiculous IMO lol

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just in case anybody else buys the cheap ebay mirrors and has trouble getting them pointed where they need to be - I had to shim both of mine with a washer between the mirror and door on the front bolt. Before I did that, they wouldn't adjust in far enough to see the side of the truck when I wanted to check tires etc. I have around 2,000 miles of camper pulling with the mirrors now, and they seem fine. For $76, I am happy.