Alternative for Sh*tty Ebay Tow Mirrors

Discussion in 'Paint / Body / Detailing' started by John B, Jul 30, 2018.

1. John B

John B I'm Awesome

Anyone have positive experience/where to buy good quality tow mirrors?

I upgraded my power mirrors to some power tow mirrors off Ebay and they suck hard. I tought I got a good deal because they were on a 20% ebay discount. The angle is off on them so the passernger side is more angled, the drivers side doesn't line up, and they shake more than I like!

Ugh.

Truck Mirror.jpg Mirror 2.jpg

2. Z71Hobbs

Z71Hobbs I'm Awesome

Did you install the angle brace bracket? You can re position the mirror glass lenses...pull or push (carefully) till you hear a clicking sound..that’s the stud being repositioned on the gear motors (there are two)

All that said..my passenger shakes more than I’d like, and I’ve tightened both the mounting studs and the outer hinge bolts.

3. BOTTLEDZ28

BOTTLEDZ28 I'm Awesome

Im on year 4 of my ebay mirrors. No issues at all. They fit perfect.

4. John B

John B I'm Awesome

Yes I installed them. The right was actually the left and vice versa. For re-positioning the mirror glass, are you talking about actually pushing the glass or the hinge? The issue is the hinge on the passenger side has more of an angle. Actually, I probably need to adjust the mirror as well because even with the power adjust I can't get it quite right. I have more of a blind spot than my regular ones.

5. Z71Hobbs

Z71Hobbs I'm Awesome

The plastic threaded studs that are in the motor assemble have some adjustment. I had to tweak mine to get to a happy viewing angle. Then I can use the electric motors to fine tune. If you completely remove the lense you’ll see what I mean. My angle brackets were also labeled backwards for whatever reason.

585BCD59-11D2-44D3-B397-4D25C080BB95.jpeg

John B likes this.
  6. John B

John B I'm Awesome

Ahh, thanks! I'll try that tomorrow. And way to show off your truck! Putting mine to shame!

7. John B

John B I'm Awesome

Well, I had it with these mirrors. I couldn't get them to adjust and they were just annoying me now that I have MORE of a blind spot. Damn Chinese company said they would refund me $3! Ha, back they go. Check this crap out:
    upload_2018-8-9_22-37-5.png
    upload_2018-8-9_22-37-37.png

8. gstubbz

gstubbz Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession

My luck with ebay mirrors has been iffy, I spent like $110 on tow mirrors for my dodge and they have been fairly okay, they vibrate enough when they are up to reposition the glass, bought a set of 95+ mirrors for a truck as a pair and when they arrived each side was from a different company but those held up so far.

But the fact the partial refund is $3!! Kind of ridiculous IMO lol

9. John B

John B I'm Awesome

Right?! I didn't know to laugh or get upset!