Almost thirty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Well, instead of doing an audio upgrade first, I've decided to renew the suspension and steering components while doing the 2/4 drop. This week I ordered upper and lower control arms, springs, tie rod ends, adjusting sleeves, center link, idler arm, and pitman arm.

As long as I have to be working on the front end while installing the drop spindles, I might as well start fresh. Thinking about also going to the HD brakes from the '92 and up to get the 1.25" rotors.
You might already be aware, but it's worth mentioning - if you do the HD brakes, you need the corresponding spindles as well. Good looking truck!

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might already be aware, but it's worth mentioning - if you do the HD brakes, you need the corresponding spindles as well. Good looking truck!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm planning on ordering the drop spindles for the HD brakes, and am leaning towards the McGaughy's pieces.

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No actual physical progress on this build yet, but I have been accumulating parts for it in the meantime. Need to get my son's project car ('91 Acura Integra with JDM Type-R engine) out of the way first.

So far I have the new control arms (w/ ball joints), coil springs, tie rod ends, adjusting sleeves, center link, idler arm, pitman arm, McGaughys 2/4 drop (spindles, hangers, shackles), and Belltech Street Performance shocks.

Next purchase will be the front brake setup, and the plan is to go with the HD 1.25 items from the '92 and later models. I did make sure to get the correct drop spindles for this mod. I've been eyeing the brake kit from Little Shop, with the better calipers and braided stainless hoses. Ideally I'd do the rear disk conversion as well.

Here is another shot of the truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before screwing up a big part of family history (and one you participated in) and a prize posession of my dads, if i wanted something lowered and other mods, i would just buy a 500 buck truck to do that to. but i wouldnt put a wrench to the heirloom, unless it was preventative maintenance.

hey dad, look what i just did to your beloved truck!!

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before screwing up a big part of family history (and one you participated in) and a prize posession of my dads, if i wanted something lowered and other mods, i would just buy a 500 buck truck to do that to. but i wouldnt put a wrench to the heirloom, unless it was preventative maintenance.

hey dad, look what i just did to your beloved truck!!

Thanks for your concern, but relax, it's not like the truck is getting cut up or anything. The 2/4 drop kit is just changing out the spindles in the front, and the shackles and hangers in the rear. No cutting for a c-notch, etc. I plan to keep all of the original parts, so if I would like to put them back on, I can.

Besides the 2/4 lowering kit, and the shocks to go along with it, there won't be any other "mods", with the exception of possibly new wheels. And again, the original wheels will be cleaned up and kept.

I have decided not to replace the original radio with an aftermarket unit, due to wanting to retain the originality of the interior. I will replace the sagging headliner though.

Again, thanks for the concern, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't need to justify anything to you. You don't know me, or did you know my stepfather, so you have no idea what our relationship was, or what may have been discussed about this truck prior to his passing.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow! you surprise me with the thought pattern. it shows maturity. i owe ya a beer!

too many classic (and antique) vehicles have went to the crusher because some one was going to (customize). when those would still be around if kept stock. then the oboma subsidies to china some called cash for clunkers really wiped out the supply.

i applaud you sir for your plans. if my rant helped, great. if i came off as an *******, you will understand later in years. or you can just call me AH from now on. :cheers:

peace

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow! you surprise me with the thought pattern. it shows maturity. i owe ya a beer!

too many classic (and antique) vehicles have went to the crusher because some one was going to (customize). when those would still be around if kept stock. then the oboma subsidies to china some called cash for clunkers really wiped out the supply.

i applaud you sir for your plans. if my rant helped, great. if i came off as an *******, you will understand later in years. or you can just call me AH from now on. :cheers:

peace

It's all good. I'm not sure if I qualify for the geriatric tag yet, but if not, I've got to be close! I'll be 60 this year.

My plan all along has been to not do anything that would be crazy, or irreversible. It's one reason why I backed away from changing the stereo head unit that I'd initially planned. I will upgrade the factory speakers however, but retain the factory sizes and grilles. No cutting of interior pieces.

Cheers :cheers: